external soundcard/amp for senheiser pc360 headset.
Nov 8, 2011 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GskillAU

New Head-Fier

Hey guys I would like this opportunity to say I am happy to be part of the community as I have been searching around lately for a friendly/helpful forums to help out a new born in the audiophile world. A friend of mine recommend me to start up on these forums and from browsing around I decided I am definitely going to sign up.

The first thing I did was search up my new headset and amps available and unfortunately I couldn't find anything specific on it. My situation is that I bought an Asus Xonar DX which I fell in love with then soon realized I could not use it with this main board as it disabled my crossfire setup. Now that I have had a taste of semi decent sound quality I am in need of something external to satisfy this new headset. I am ab it of a noob when it comes to external products and keep hearing terms such as DAC/Amp and then there is also external sound cards which can be a combination of both? Anyways I am in need of a reasonably priced external product that will be both equally if not better quality then the xonar dx for gaming/music for my senheiser pc360. I apologize if this has been answered often but I could not find anything specific through the search function.

Nov 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 5
I just got a sound blaster SB1240 today in the mail I ordered from Amazon. Its got a headphone amp built in, seems to be doing pretty good w/ my new Senn HD380's.

Nov 9, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 5
I've been reading around and I can not find anything that says what the Ohm rating is for the Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi USB HD (SB1240).
So I'm guessing the Ohm rating is somewhere between 150 to 300 Ohm.
It may not have a "true" headphone amplifier, that would explain why there are no details.
The Sennheiser HD-380 is rated at 54-Ohms, anything can drive 54-Ohms.

Have you checked out the Asus Xonar DG, it uses a PCI slot and comes with a built in headphone amplifier.
Should work with at least up to 150-Ohms.
Also comes with Dolby Headphone 5.1.
It's $20 after mail in rebate (USA).

The Sennheiser PC360 is rated at 50-Ohms

Nov 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
It's on creatives site I believe and listed @ bestbuy 330ohms

I must be going blind, it took my fourth try at reading Creative's web site to see the "<=330ohm" for the X-Fi USB.

330-Ohm is also the specification that I've seen for the Titanium HD's back panel headphone jack.
But the front panel headphone jack for the Titanium HD is only rated for 33-Ohms (per HardOCP).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back