External sound card for laptop
Mar 12, 2006 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

charlie1

100+ Head-Fier
I have a sony vaio (Centrino Duo) laptop. I,m new at this but I think a external sound card should help.I need help on choosing a card for high quality listing from itunes (lossless). is there such a plug in card? Right now i'm working with a LAROCCO PRII amp to a 4G REDWINE MOD. IPOD (lossless). to ety4Ps. My question is,who makes a good soundcard to use with the laptop. I have several amps I could use with the laptop+ soundcard. I am trying to make more use of the laptop. Any sugestions. Or should I just foget about it and stick whith my other stuff? (1G shuffel-HORNET-Headroom micro amp desktop module-RNB180 cables-4g Nano with turbodock-shure E4cs-k701s and on list for shure e500s. SORRY! back to soundcard, what do you think? CHARLIE1

Mar 12, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 7
If you have money to burn I guess. But you have one of the best sources--a redwine modded ipod. Why not just listen to the ipod while you're working on the computer? I'm not sure what can compete with what you already have. I have an echo indigo pc card but I'd like to see a comparison between that and your modded ipod (my total guess is that the ipod would win).

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 7
I just want to have another source of high SQ. music. Where can i get a great sounding sound ? ( money not much of a concern) I just want a great sound for out of my laptop. I wont use it that much but when i do' I want it to sound great. I' m thinking a good soundcard+amp should do the trick. THANK YOU (it must go into card slot or be external)

CHARLIE1

Mar 13, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 7
emu 1616 comes to mind. if you want great quality you could go for something like the scott nixon USB dac at 475.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 7
I recommend the Headroom Micro DAC. It is a nice choice for a laptop b/c it is easily transportable, will run on batteries if needed, works well via USB, has a rugged case and synergizes nicely with the Micro Amp which you own.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 7
I can second the Micro DAC. I use mine out of my Sony Vaio along with the Hornet. It works well & sounds darn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back