external power source
Dec 19, 2008 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Galesden

100+ Head-Fier
How do i connect my corda 2move to an external power source. My amp only came with a usb cord, and 2 mini interconnects. Do i have to buy my own cord to connect it to a power source, not a computer, and if so where can i buy that. Also what type of power source can i use, can i use a wall socket?

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 6
Please read the user manual, you will find your answer there.
You can buy for yourself if you want an 12V Regulated power supply, it will give you a slightly more dinamics to music and less hiss in high current/high gain mode
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 6
Anyone have good suggestions on a specific 12V regulated power source that will work with the 2Move? Or are they pretty much all the same? Just don't want to go grab something cheap if a few more dollars will get me better construction, more reliable power supply, or performance.

Really lovin' the 2Move by the way. Didn't think I'd use the USB that much but it's terrific.....and the amp section seems to be an improvement over my previous amps (Xenos & Headsix).

Thanks in advance.

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please read the user manual, you will find your answer there.
You can buy for yourself if you want an 12V Regulated power supply, it will give you a slightly more dinamics to music and less hiss in high current/high gain mode
wink.gif

In the manual it states "The amp can also be powered from a external powersupply with a current capacity of at least 50 mA and a DC voltage between 6 and 12 volts. The supply is to be connected directly to the power supply jack at the backside of the amp."
I realize that i need some type of cord to connect it to an external power source but i am wondering what type of source that may be and where i can purchase the cord to connect the amp to it. So can anyone tell me where i can purchase one of these cords because i have been searching and all i can find are cords that are not compatible with my amp. Maybe i have been searching in the wrong place. I dont know what to search for really, what search terms do i type in google? I just need some guidance in my search any assistance would be appreciated.

Dec 20, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #6 of 6
just be careful because not all regulated supplies are isolated - read this: Tweaks. I recently bought a universal regulated supply not stating wether it was linear/switchmode, isolated/or not so i took the chance - man was it noisy - unusable - so in the end i just took one of my old unregulated 12v and modded the jack and it works perfect - can't hear any noise on it...my guess is that the crappy supply i bought was not isolated, therefor switchmode and not linear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back