External JavaScript & Corporate Firewalls
May 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

8xOverMsOctober

100+ Head-Fier
I realize that I'm probably only part of maybe 0.05% of the users here, but the firewall at my work blocks the yahooapis script. The firewall at my work is fairly aggressive. This makes it impossible for me to post or reply to threads and private messages while I'm at work.

It completely removes the post editing bar right above the post/reply text box. If I try to submit a post/reply nothing visible happens. When I bring up Firefox's Error Console I get a single error: $H is not defined.

I understand that having the yahooapi script on their server reduces bandwidth for head-fi. A solution to this would be for head-fi to keep a local copy of the script and then after a page is loaded check for $H being defined. If it's not defined then load the local script?

This weekend at work I'm going to email myself a copy of the yahooapi script and then save it locally and load it through greasemonkey. Hopefully that will give me posting/replying/PMing functionality back in the meantime (or indefinitely if a fix never gets implemented).

Edit: I just wanted to add then when I try to view the source of the yahooapi script at work it gives me a network error - which happens on sites that get blocked by the firewall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back