External DAC
Jul 30, 2013 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FULLAUDIO

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, i need your help.
I own Asus xonar essence ST and i am using it with AKG K 701 and sennheiser HD 600.

But i need external DAC (no matter the size) that would be as good as asus xonar essence DAC.
Not counting the asus xonar integrated amp, just replace the essence DAC for external DAC with the same sound quality or better quality. I would use this dac with some Tube amp probably. 

Some people have suggested the shiit modi, but i ve read that the modi is more of a downgrade from essence DAC, is that true?

Budget: 220 $

and if you know some good DAC (the dac has to be atleast as good as the essence dac is because i am using it with my 2.0 speakers) and Tube amp combo, you can suggest that too thanks.

PS: Sorry for my english

Jul 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried connecting the tube amplifier and speakers to the Essence STX's RCA outputs?

Jul 30, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I know how to connect amp/speakers to essence.... :D :D :D. But i need a portable solution for essence. Because i am moving a lot and i dont want to take whole computer with monitor and all the cables with me. I dont care much about the portability or size of the DAC because it will be still better to take two or one boxes boxes with two cables, rather than whole fragile computer .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back