external DAC
Jul 13, 2005 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tola555

100+ Head-Fier
Can you reccomend external DAC with optical in to use between my analog amp and Chaintech av710? It could have rca and phones output separate.
Thanx

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 4
You are missing an important piece of information.

What is your budget?
wink.gif

When you say "phones" output, do you mean that you want 1/4" TRS output from the DAC? Or you want headphone amp built into the DAC?

-Ed

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
You are missing an important piece of information.

What is your budget?
wink.gif

When you say "phones" output, do you mean that you want 1/4" TRS output from the DAC? Or you want headphone amp built into the DAC?

-Ed

sorry your right
smily_headphones1.gif
some important information: 200$ is max to spend now (if very good thing then I can wait some month and then max 300...400$). DAC may have phone amp but not necessary because my amp has it. It would be good if there is that amp then I can use my phones little portable and not depend on my amp.

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 4
Whereever I go to answer newbie questions which have been asked many many many times before Edwood was already there.

However, if sound quality is your greatest concern and in respect to your budget I'd recommend a better soundcard, but this is obviously no portable solution at all.

I think the Porta Corda III USB from head-fi sponsor Meier-Audio matches most of your requirements(external, computer connectivity, headamp capabilities, portability, budget) except the optical in.It's lightweight and battery operated and therefor totally portable, and powering it by a stationary power supply at home is an option.
Jan Meier is located in Germany which means no hassles with customs.It costs 230 Euro shipping included, and here is the english speaking website.
Look for Products --> Amplifiers.

BTW, at least the european members are aware of where Estonia is located, you are part of the EU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back