External DAC/AMP flat sounding on HTC One M9
Dec 21, 2016 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

donnot

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Recently tried pairing my dac/amp combo to my One M9 and everything sounds flat and powerless. It's an iBasso D2 Boa+ which has no issues when used with my PC. It isn't unlistenable, but overall very sloppy and need to crank the volume up a bit to get decent volume.

Don't think it's an issue with the power delivery, as the voltage is stable using OTG with higher draw devices (can easily draw 500mA and I don't think the dac/amp will draw anything near that). No equalizer is in use (all disabled).

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks!

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 6
have you try to use better player?.. I like Hiby player because it's free and still sounding good. lots of people like Neutron, but it's not free...

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #3 of 6
have you try to use better player?.. I like Hiby player because it's free and still sounding good. lots of people like Neutron, but it's not free...

I'm currently using Spotify Premium which I also use on my PC and on the extreme preset, and the headphone output through the phone is clean and sounds good. Will try some other apps for playback anyway and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #4 of 6
I need to mention though... I never tried using external DAC with my mobile phone... besides, it's been more than a year I never use my phone as player anymore... my Xduoo X3 sound much better than my phones...

if those two are not enough... there are UBS Audio Player Pro and Onkyo HF Player too...

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Ah... Spotify... yes... I just tried a bit of Spotify since it came free with my data plan... the collections are nice... not sure whether it could handle external DAC properly..

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Ah... Spotify... yes... I just tried a bit of Spotify since it came free with my data plan... the collections are nice... not sure whether it could handle external DAC properly..

I'm running a HTC m9 thru e18 fii0, spotify is my common music player and it's a beautiful sound ppl.

Sometimes however after switching on the dac, the phone lock button becomes unresponsive? Frustrates me as there's no explanation as to why??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back