External AMP/DAC/soundcard/Dalby Surround all-in-one solution? PC gaming audio setup
Nov 14, 2015 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

3rdAmigo

New Head-Fier
Hello all :)

I am new around here and I am suffering form information overload
confused_face(1).gif

I am considering some headphones for use when PC gaming (probably not much music) and would like to take advatage of the best positional sound I can get for my budget. Headphones I am considering are the Beyerdynamic DT990 or Sennheiser 598, 558, 518, 363 (included USB sound card), and Game One. I really have no idea what the differences are in these Sennheisers are?

As I have never used anything other than virtual surround with mediocre phones, I cant make an informed decision, nor can I unfortunately afford to order all models of Sennheisers above from amazon and try them all at the same time:)

I cannot decide between an AMP/DAC (not really sure what a DAC does to the sound when it converts it from analogue), internal soundcard or is there another option, is there not an affordable way I can have the surround option (Dalby surround?) if required with some kind of external USB (?) sound card which is also an AMP and a DAC?

Look forward to reading the replies, many thanks in advance!

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #2 of 2
For PC FPS gamers, like to push the Sennheiser HD558 headphones and the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card.
You can buy both used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back