Extension for Grado and Senn600
Jan 4, 2003 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TKSingh

Head-Fier
Hello,
I have the 325's and Senn 600 on the way. I plan on getting a replacement cable for the Senn's (see my WTB)

The question (and I have done numerous searches!)

1.should I get the Grado extension and use this for both? Is the Grado extension the same as the stock wire on the 325's.

2, should I get another extension- cardas, hurricane etc..., obviously better for Senn's but since the grado's stock cable cant be upgraded no benefit to them?

3. get 2 extension cables...ouch

Ken

Jan 4, 2003 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 5
If you have to use an extension (like I do), I would recommend that you go with the best that you can afford. To me, it would seem silly to have two. I had the Grado, and it served it's purpose but seem to constrict the sound. I was very happy with my Equinox cable for my HD600s so I decided to invest in an Equinox extension, to my ears it is very transparent. I have never heard, but read great things about the Sonic Horizon Hurricane as well as the DiMarzio Big Red.

Jan 4, 2003 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

I had the Grado, and it served it's purpose but seem to constrict the sound. I was very happy with my Equinox cable for my HD600s so I decided to invest in an Equinox extension....

Where can I purchase the Equinox extension cable? Thanks, JMT.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back