extension cords & rocnation aviator headphones issue.
Jun 15, 2014 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BryLMoo

New Head-Fier
EDIT:  Sorry for not introducing myself ahead of time!  My name is Bryan and I primarily listen to vinyl records.  I'm using a pro-ject carbon turntable in conjunction with a rotel amplifier.  My speakers are the new large advents (with the 3 way switch on the back).  

I own a pair of rocnation aviator headphones.  these headphones have a device built into the cord in order to increase or decrease the volume.  there is another button on this volume device that I imagine has something to do with answering phone calls, or something, MAYBE...I don't know.  

THE ISSUE:  I bought a 12ft 3.5mm extension cord so that I could listen to my music further away from my setup.  When I tried the cord out with the headphones, the sound was horrid!  Distant and very tinny and shallow.  The only thing that seems to solve this issue is holding down the center button on the built in volume control device.  I hate compatibility issues like this.    

What?  anyone?  

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 3
That's what I thought...was just sorta hoping that it was the extension cord....lol oh well.  Not sure about the panasonic headphones, though....  I'm always hesitant to buy a set without trying them out first.  Thanks for the reply! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back