Extension cable with stock HD 650 cable?
Jan 14, 2006 at 5:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JT107

Head-Fier
I need about 20 feet of cable to stretch out while sitting on the couch or at the computer. That is a lot of cable to coil up if I upgrade to a 20 foot long high end
cable, not to mention a lot of $. Has anyone used a decent quality extension
with the stock cable or even a upgraded cable? what could I expect? Right now I'm using a cheap coiled extension cable which I purchased from The Wiz about
5 years ago. It sounds really bad. Any suggestions?

Jan 14, 2006 at 7:48 AM Post #2 of 6
That much added cable might negatively effect your sound unless you pay careful attention to the gauge. I'm not sure of the needed gauge to minimize impedance problems, but you'll need to figure it out if you want to extend your listening.

Jan 14, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 6
to me also, there is some dif between straight outta amp to headphone and thru the amp, extension cable to headphone...
i think this rat shack extension cable.. is really bad..
rolleyes.gif

but then again, 20ft high end cable would be too darn expensive
confused.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 6
I think it was greenhorn who eventually got a StefanAudio Equinox extension cable sold. You might want to contact him for some input.

Jan 14, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 6
I am happy with the 20' Grado extension. You can search the forum for others' opinions. List price is $40 but they can be had used for $20-$25. There is one currently available in the for sale forum here.

Jan 14, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff E
I am happy with the 20' Grado extension. You can search the forum for others' opinions. List price is $40 but they can be had used for $20-$25. There is one currently available in the for sale forum here.

That's definitely the way to go. If I'm not mistaken, it's the same cable used on phones such as the SR325i, and there are few complaints for that cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back