Extension cable for AKG K701
Jan 17, 2007 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Fairbanks

100+ Head-Fier
I'm purchasing the 701 and need to get a longer cable to go with it.A ten footer.I'm wondering if a extension cable could possibly degrade the sound in anyway and if not could someone suggest a good extention cable to go with it.Thanks

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairbanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm purchasing the 701 and need to get a longer cable to go with it.A ten footer.I'm wondering if a extension cable could possibly degrade the sound in anyway and if not could someone suggest a good extention cable to go with it.Thanks

The only one that doesn't degrade the sound is the dimarzio extension cable that todd the vinyl junkie sells.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairbanks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what are you plugging the K701s into? Have you tried moving the source and or using longer interconnects for the source so an extension is not necessary?

Jan 17, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only one that doesn't degrade the sound is the dimarzio extension cable that todd the vinyl junkie sells.

The Grado 15' extension is also very good and inexpensive.

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

I was looking at that one at headroom.They also have the Cardas as well.You think the Dimarzio is better?

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Grado 15' extension is also very good and inexpensive.

You're kidding....the grado is very, very colored and dark sounding...the dimarzio is much better.

Jan 17, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what are you plugging the K701s into? Have you tried moving the source and or using longer interconnects for the source so an extension is not necessary?

I have a tube amp with the Saturn as my source and it's about 14' away and has to stay that way.I currently own the Senn HD 650 with 15' Cardas cable.

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 27
don't know if you are into DIY at all but you can build a very nice extension cable for not a lot of money. it would be a good first cable build. i built one for my K701s for my late night movie watching after the missus has gone to bed.

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

You're kidding....the grado is very, very colored and dark sounding...the dimarzio is much better.

Different ears different taste.
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different ears different taste.
icon10.gif

Check the grado threads, everybody knows the extension is very colored.
biggrin.gif

But if that's your taste...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back