extending length of Sennheiser MX 500
Nov 27, 2005 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

that_aznpride101

100+ Head-Fier
First, I'm a newb and I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this question.

I just ordered Sennheiser MX 500 of the net a couple days ago and I believe this is probably the best choice I have budget wise. (I'm a college student who listens to music hours on end in the library while reading boring textbooks). I just realized the length of the cord is approx 3.3 ft.

Question: Is there an extension I can connect to these earbuds to make it reach longer? And would it reduce audio quality? It'd be a great help, considering my computer is a few more feet away from my ears.

Thanks for reading and answering.

Nov 27, 2005 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello, welcome.

Yes, you can always extend the cable length by using an extension cable.I am not quite sure about the official name of it. I used to call it "extension cable for 3.5mm headphones jack".

Theroically speaking, there could be a minor reduction in audio quality. However, I believe it's not really auditable.
orphsmile.gif

Nov 27, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, just get a cheap one from Radio Shack. There will be a slight degredation in sound but with $20 earbuds you won't notice.

Lol, I compared my Cardas mini to mini, with my home-made one for my cMoy. Hehe it might have been in my head but the Cardas seemed to smoke the other one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back