Explain your Avatar
Feb 17, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #152 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could get your picts in thumbnail but couldn't open the big version.
Ya shes beautiful. Interesting thing you did with her eyes though.

I don't think he did anything with her eyes. She just happens to have those shiny bright eyes, which are not something I am attracted to, I like sultry brown eyes.

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #154 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does she know you are using her as your avatar?

Does T.Rex know you are using.... him? I didn't get my son's permission for mine. Why ask a question like that? We aren't profiting from our avatars (unless I'm really missing out on something here). I think avatars generally fall under fair use / satire / not worth it as far as copyright violation goes.

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #155 of 176
Marc Bolan is dead so I really don't think he cares. And if he does he probably appreciates me keeping his spirit alive. The girl on the other hand may not appreciate it and is why I asked.

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #156 of 176
"The girl" probably has very little to do with ownership of the photo to begin with. It's more likely you are inadvertently policing some corporation's IP, instead, who in all likelihood wouldn't care at all (unless the photo is going to be used in a spread or campaign or something that hasn't been made public yet). But I'm sure a photographer doesn't get to his position without understanding about that. He's even got (as hotlinked previously here) a much larger res version on his website... so I'm sure the IP issues have already been dealt with.

But basically, on this forum, in this context, and at these sizes... I'd say don't sweat it.

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #157 of 176
Quote:

Does she know you are using her as your avatar?

What an unusual question. I own the copyright of this picture, it's so small sized that you would not recognize her, the agreement we have is I can use the pics the way I want as long as it's not commercially (or we split the benefits).

Will that do :) ?

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #159 of 176
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh, it's a luck the photo police is the house.

And you dare saying: "Marc Bolan is dead so I really don't think he cares."

Set your own record straight (been dead does not mean you or your family or ongoing contracts and licences are void) and then come knock at my door when you are done, ok ?

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM Post #160 of 176
Arguing with Milkweg is a complete waste of time. He knows everything there is to know. He even knows what other people "Hear" better then they do.
eek.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #161 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me, before a friends church's Christmas Ball (2008). Pin stripe suit & and blazer. White shirt with dark stripes, and a light vibrant blue silk tie.

EDIT: Now Chimpified myself!

Just chimpified myself using a link found in this thread... Can't find the page to quote it now...

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #162 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalfrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

oh, it's a luck the photo police is the house.

And you dare saying: "Marc Bolan is dead so I really don't think he cares."

Set your own record straight (been dead does not mean you or your family or ongoing contracts and licences are void) and then come knock at my door when you are done, ok ?

Yea, Marc would want me to make available his memory and music every where I go so screw what his publishers think, I bet they ripped him off for loads of money anyway.

Gee, never seen someone get so peeded off at an innocent question. I still don't think that girl would like you using her photo as your avatar even if you do own the rights to it.
popcorn.gif

Why do you want me to come knock on your door? Is that some sort of implied threat or what? Answer that question very carefully. Perhaps it is better if you just left it alone.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #163 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arguing with Milkweg is a complete waste of time. He knows everything there is to know. He even knows what other people "Hear" better then they do.
eek.gif

No, I just know an overpriced esoteric cable isn't going to make HD650 not sound veiled with bloated bass. A cable just doesn't make that kind of difference no matter how much money you throw at one. Just noticed you took that comment about cable and HD650 out of your sig. I guess you did agree with me.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thought I was on your ignore list anyway?
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #164 of 176
you don't know her but you can think on her behalf
you have no clue about photography or artwork copyrights but you make blanket statements.

in short, you made very clear that you don't know what you are talking about.

I won't add anything anymore, I agree, it's not worth it.

Quote:

Yea, Marc would want me to make available his memory and music every where I go so screw what his publishers think, I bet they ripped him off for loads of money anyway.

Gee, never seen someone get so peeded off at an innocent question. I still don't think that girl would like you using her photo as your avatar even if you do own the rights to it.
popcorn.gif

Why do you want me to come knock on your door? Is that some sort of implied threat or what? Answer that question very carefully. Perhaps it is better if you just left it alone.

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #165 of 176
I used to be a model and have been doing photography since 1980. You don't know me so don't make wrong assumptions about me. I was just winding you up in my last post and is why I put the popcorn emoticon. I like to tease, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back