'expert" monster jamz review
Dec 11, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 12
He bought Monster phones? 
biggrin.gif

Kidding, but seriously, hitting your IEMs with a hammer is pretty dumb, regardless of the fact that they're marketed as indestructable

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 12
I think somebody hit the heads of the phones with the hammer

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 12
it's annoying how monster purposely tries to create drastic differences between the different tiers in their product line, okay, it;s all right if it sounds better but it's ten times more expensive then a lower product, but that doesn't mean you can cheap out on the durability/build quality of the phones....

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #7 of 12
Things I found funny

-The pouch with the squeeze to open, which is found on the Sennheiser CX series.  He acts like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread
-"Built in cable slider".  Pretty sure plenty of earbuds have these.  Believe it or not Monster didn't invent the cable slider
-"Luckily Monster included 3 different sets of tips".  Enough said.
-"The earbuds themselves are actually in 2 different pieces, the body and the tip"

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
Did I just hear him say that the lack of strain relief makes them more durable?
confused.gif

Yes... stopped watching at that point. For me the Jamz hold a personal record for shortest-lasting earphones (2nd place goes to the Skullcandy FMJ which inexplicably died completely on one side after a day of use, accompanied by me sighing in relief). Six hours out of the box and the metal casing came completely off the 3.5 plug on the Jamz. Left channel started cutting out intermittently after that. Also that thin metal cable slider is more of a cable guillotine - accident waiting to happen IMO. 

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Things I found funny

-The pouch with the squeeze to open, which is found on the Sennheiser CX series.  He acts like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread
-"Built in cable slider".  Pretty sure plenty of earbuds have these.  Believe it or not Monster didn't invent the cable slider
-"Luckily Monster included 3 different sets of tips".  Enough said.
-"The earbuds themselves are actually in 2 different pieces, the body and the tip"

Heh. The parts where he was on the boat or whatever also kinda made me chuckle, imagining being one of the other people on the boat watching some guy twirl headphones around in front of a video camera. The part where he's demonstrating how to squeeze the bag open was pretty funny as well, and the place where he was like "THESE. ARE. METAL."

@ljokerl: you didn't abuse them enough! Everyone knows you're meant to hit them with hammers, it's part of their special break-in procedure

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
Quote:
@ljokerl: you didn't abuse them enough! Everyone knows you're meant to hit them with hammers, it's part of their special break-in procedure

Yeah if you don't hit them with a hammer, they'll break really easily.
wink.gif

this is the equivalent of "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" in the dog eat dog world of headphones

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #12 of 12
WOW! You squeeze the two sides and it pops open. That is so cool. That guy honestly doesn't know what he is talking about.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back