Experiences wanted on the Microshar G3
Dec 4, 2019 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Erik Alphenaar

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Back in July 2015 when I ordered my first ever set of ciems: Cosmic Ears CE6P's, I was looking for a DAC. Not sure why, and how the stars aligned, but I chose to get the Microshar G3. At that time there was this great Headfonia review, with lovely pics. Pushing all of the buttons that I needed to be pushed :)

I could now include a big story of how I got there. However, I don't really think it matters for this specific purpose :)

I want to hear from people that own a Microshar G3. In general. For I have not met a single one, yet.
Just Googling it, does not yield any results that you would currently seek, when buying a DAC. Besides from the Headfonia review, and the Chinese :).

I have had this DAC for 4 years now. I have had quite some technical difficulties with it. Sent back three times in those 4 years. I was told by their support that Microshar has sold over 16.000 devices. Which is a lot, but is that actually a lot? [edited]... So I was hoping I could trigger more people owning this device. So we can start a good dialogue, or just leave me be feeling like I'm the only one in the world with this thing. Am I using an obscure DAC? (semi-Rhetorical)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 2
Replying to myself:

So since it looks like I am, the only one running a G3... at least in this world :)

I do have to give credit, where credit is due. The thing sounds amazing. It does. Truly has a punch. The review holds truth. But honestly, the service is outstanding... Or just exceptional.

I myself chose to pick a DAC manufactured in the US. So no EU import rules apply. Should have thought that one through tho :)

But really... Out of the three times I sent it back, knowingly to a different continent, the handling was exceptional.
1st time, lost in mail .. that's a first for me, and I have ordered a shipload:) I got a replacement, no costs, just shipped back at only costs for shipment.
Second time, free repair, I only had to pay shipment and import fees, if applicable (which they weren't, since it was a repair).

Third time, repaired my unit... And they shipped it back to Europe before I even paid! Then handed me the bill afterwards, and were quite relaxed about it. I mean... that does not happen a bunch in this world. That is world class service.

So although it currently seems I'm rocking this thing by myself, which can't be true.... I have to acknowledge the exceptional service rendered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back