Experience with Dell Outlet - Dell DJ??
Apr 26, 2004 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sparks

New Head-Fier
Has anyone ever had any experience purchasing a DJ from the Dell Outlet? I'm wondering what kind of condition the refurbished units are in.

Thanks.

Apr 27, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Good question. However, the price of the outlet models is not much lower than price of the new models. It's a personal decision, but If I were buying I'd pay the extra few dollars.

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Right now the 20 gig version of the Dell Jukebox is $218 in the outlet. I realize it's not that much more for a new one, but I'm getting real tired of paying top dollar for all this electronic stuff that becomes obsolete and cheaper shortly after I buy it. If the ones in the outlet are "like new", and it comes with the same warranty, why not?

Still not sure though, if I want the IRiver IHP instead. I know, that's a lot more money, but I like the flexibility of the formats. I would like to see IRiver add "on the fly" playlists before I buy it. I have a $30 credit at Amazon until the end of the month, so I need to do something quickly. Maybe I'll just get my wife a blender :)

Apr 27, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 6
well, if you have to question buying a refurbished item in ther first place, then I'd think it would be worth the extra $ for peace of mind to order a new unit. It would be hard to see how the Dell would be obsolete soon. And as you've probably found, it's not as though there are substantially cheaper alternatives available. Ultimately, it's up to if you want to jump in or not. $20 isn't all that much when you spread it out over the lifetime of use.

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Your absolutely right. No argument. I was just curious as to how nice the refurbs are. I've been reading about Rio sending refurbs for replacements of defective Karmas, and how unhappy people have been with them.

Apr 28, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm not dumb, just made a typo. Should be You're, not Your.

Sorry!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back