Expensive Headphones
Oct 31, 2009 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rabyburns

New Head-Fier
What can i expect? The best i've ever had is the PX100 for my ipod, my wife won't let me get seperates cause their too noisy, will a decent set of headphone fulfil my desire ??

Oct 31, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #2 of 5
dude,three threads in only one day!!anyway,i dont know what do you mean by seperates,but to answer your question you wont be blown away at first when you buy expensive phones.ihad skullcandies and i was blown away by their sound and how much they are better than the stock earphones,but then i got senngheiser ie8 and i wasnt blown away for the first couple of days,i just didnt think they are $450 worth.but then i burned them in and listened to them for long hours and i was blown away.you have to get accumalized to the proper sound high end iems produce and then you can know why you pay that much.

Oct 31, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #3 of 5
Yep, past the initial jump from stock buds to a decent budget set the immediate noticeable differences drop gradually. Aside from obvious variations in sound signature, it will probably take some time for you to get accustomed to high end sound. You will notice a much bigger difference taking a step backwards (i.e. going back to your PX100) later than taking a step forwards now.

Nov 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 5
The next big jump for me from a decent budget set of headphones was messing around with Dolby Headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back