Expensive DAP > Digital out > Expensive DAC Amp.... Why???
Mar 15, 2016 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

EddieE

Headphoneus Supremus
I see so many rigs consisting of an expensive DAP with digital out, running to an expensive DAC/Amp with digital in (such as the Chord Mojo). I even hear discussion of which expensive devices digital out sounds best with the mojo and other high end DAC/Amps.

I don't get it.

Digital out is digital out, surely, all of the sound quality is going to be determined by the device receiving that signal - the only difference when it comes to the device outputting the signal is UI, build, battery life, storage and so on.

So why do people do this? 

If people get a high end DAC/Amp like the Mojo and then carry on using a high end DAP like a top of the line A&K, aren't they just wasting a huge amount of money not selling the A&K and getting something more modest like a FiiO as the digital source?

Enlighten me.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #2 of 4
As I see it, if you have the money to burn then you really dont need any reason as to why not do it. I guess for some its more about who can afford to flaunt their toys. You know mines bigger than yours stuff.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 4
I like supporting this industry and buy all the stuff. :wink:

Besides, to quote a movie line: "He who has the most toys when he dies wins."

Mar 15, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #4 of 4
I like supporting this industry and buy all the stuff. :wink:

Besides, to quote a movie line: "He who has the most toys when he dies wins."

If money are not a problem for you, then get the Tera Player and Tralucent Ref1 too or Plus5 with uber too cable.
PM if you get stuck.
This is an end game miniscule portable audio system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back