Expanding on this best of kick how about 2003 best music DVD
Dec 10, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 11
Nine Inch Nails - Halo 12: Closure (on DVD) will be the best next year (imo...and it'll finally finish my halo collection...never bought the vhs version because, well, I don't care for vhs anymore
wink.gif
and I like to have all of the discs in one 24 cd booklet, my NIN cd book ;D...now just to find a copy of Purest Feeling)

It hasn't been released yet (release date is 12/31/2004 according to buy.com...yeah, i know)

I know it's kinda irrelevant, but I can't help it. I'm a NIN fanatic ;D

Dec 11, 2003 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 11
pink floyd "live at pompei" is very well done, competes with, but not necessarily outdoes the japanese laserdisc pressing.

i also have a live radiohead from glastonbury (not necessarily a legitimate release) that is quite good as well.

Dec 11, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 11
I would say "Daft Punk & Leiji Matsumoto - Interstella 5555". This animated musical based on Daft Punk's album "Discovery" totally blew my socks off. Also, the Limited Edition DVD is extremely well made. A very recommended buy.

Jan 7, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #8 of 11
i just got the yoshimi battles the pink robots 5.1 version. alas, i have no dvd-audio player. i am in the market for a universal player, but will probably go for a relatively low cost model for right now (region code free and pal to ntsc conversion are requirements - so i will probably get a hacked pioneer dv563a). i am very much looking forward to hearing this.

Jan 7, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
pink floyd "live at pompei" is very well done, competes with, but not necessarily outdoes the japanese laserdisc pressing.

i also have a live radiohead from glastonbury (not necessarily a legitimate release) that is quite good as well.

I never experienced the laserdisc version. Does the DVD have above par SQ and Video quality for a music DVD? That concert setting in Pompei is very cool. I'm thinking of buying it as my second music DVD.

Jan 12, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
i really like the Tenacious dvD, but i'm a big fan. the live set is pretty awesome and the original episodes are quite amusing.

Excellent choice!

For classical, I think the Elliot Carter DVD-A released by Mode (and most Mode DVD-A's) is tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back