expanding my metal libary
Aug 21, 2006 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

luke16

New Head-Fier
i would like to know of some metal bands to expand my libary of music. metal is my main genre allong with rock and some alternative. the music can have no god-hateing or satanic themes to it because i am christan. my favorite bands are anthrax, metal militia, metallica, tool, disturbed and system of a down. light cursing is acceptable but i dont want the whole song to be a long "foul language" (it sounds dumb to me).

anyway, thanks for all replies.

Aug 24, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by luke16
i would like to know of some metal bands to expand my libary of music. metal is my main genre allong with rock and some alternative. the music can have no god-hateing or satanic themes to it because i am christan. my favorite bands are anthrax, metal militia, metallica, tool, disturbed and system of a down. light cursing is acceptable but i dont want the whole song to be a long "foul language" (it sounds dumb to me).

anyway, thanks for all replies.

Canvas Solaris (contains no singing whatsoever).

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #6 of 24
i would recommend

check out breed77, same vein as system, not to original but harmless and catchy.

if you like the power prog thing, you will love dream theatre.

Isis, intelligent progressive and atmospheric hardcore, not in any niche and very good.

clutch, rock and roll metal, awesome catchy riffs. party metal!

rage against the machine. left wing political rap metal, wicked!

kamelot, power metal. one of the best power bands around (imo)

check those out, i dont want to overwhelm you with stuff, but post back your experiences and we can build from there!

Aug 26, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

i am mostly into thrash and power.

Nevermore ?

Aug 26, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #8 of 24
Megadeth?
"Countdown to Extinction" or "Youthanasia" could be a good album to start with.

Aug 26, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 24
I agree with the 'foul language' thing. Especially english, the constant F-wording is stupid and sounds ridiculous. English is so poor language for swearing, especially compared to Finnish.
lambda.gif

Im more into extreme metal. Im religious person aswell, but i think everyone has right to believe whatever they want and therefore pay little or no attention to possible lyrical messages in music, but look into the artistic and musical value, atmosphere and skill instead. But i think i might find some bands for you aswell. Judging from your taste, most likely you wont like these bands at first listen, but if you want to expand your metal library or knowledge of different genres, they are worth of checking out.

Slechtvalk. A christianic blackmetal (or white metal more accurately). One of most recognised "white metal" bands with christianic message instead of paganic or satanic theme which is more common in this metal genre. As this band is basically some form of blackmetal, sound is very grim and dark, but they are still the "good guys".
wink.gif

Summoning. Tolkien fantasy themed ambient/neoclassical/metal music. Check Oath Bound, Let Mortal Heroes Sing Thy Fame and Stronghold albums. One of my favourite bands. Very melodic and epic.

Nile. A deathmetal band. Lyrical theme is about ancient Egyptian mythology and gods, the violence and death in it especially. Harsh stuff, but if you like mythologies, a great band to listen. Check album Annihilation Of The Wicked.

Aug 27, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

the music can have no god-hateing or satanic themes to it because i am christan

Listen to Stryper then
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #12 of 24
Kamelot- its been mentioned once already, but its worth mentioning again. great band. Get the Karma, Epica and Black Halo cds. the last 2 deal with spiritual themes- probably right up your alley.

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #13 of 24
Not to hijack the thread, but I was going through my old cd's of mp3's (back when napster was still legal) and came across an interesting song.

There are no curse words, it sounds very tolkien-ish (about swords and fighting and dragons) and is quite catchy. There are no tags I can use to get more info from, and the song title got cut. It says "Valley~"

The first part of the song goes like this:
On a cold dark winter night
hidden by the stormy light
a battle rages for the right for what will become
In the valley of the damned
a warrior with sword in hand
travels fast across the land for freedom he rides

Who is this band? Are they any good, or is this a one-hit wonder (at least to me)? Does the band meet the requisites of the creator of this thread?

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
Not to hijack the thread, but I was going through my old cd's of mp3's (back when napster was still legal) and came across an interesting song.

There are no curse words, it sounds very tolkien-ish (about swords and fighting and dragons) and is quite catchy. There are no tags I can use to get more info from, and the song title got cut. It says "Valley~"

Who is this band? Are they any good, or is this a one-hit wonder (at least to me)? Does the band meet the requisites of the creator of this thread?

What kind of metal they play? And doesnt the file name give any hints about band name?

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117

Dragonforce - Valley Of The Damned
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back