Exercise room setup help, PLEASE!
Mar 29, 2007 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jetlag

100+ Head-Fier
I am an exercise addict and I want to improve the audio setup I use while working out in the morning. I am somewhat space and sound level limited in my temporary condo, so your input is valued.

Because of the combination of paper thin walls and my usual workout time starting at around 5:30am speakers are not an option as I do not wish to be lynched by my neighbors.

In my last house I installed an LCD HDTV in front of my cross-trainer:

workout.JPG

I do not have a place to mount the LCD in the condo as the wall in front of my trainer is to narrow. I've been using my Rio Karma/RSA Tomahawk/UE-10 Pros but would prefer to keep that as my portable rig. I already own a SlimDevices SB3 (bedroom) and Transporter (living room), and stream FLAC files to them via G WIFI from my Infrant NV.

Here is what my exercise area looks like:

precor_1_sm.JPG

...and here you can see my portable setup on my cross-trainer (note the narrow wall area in front of the trainer):

precor_2_sm.JPG

The easiest solution I can think of is just to add another SB3, mounting it on a small shelf right next to the trainer at eye height. This would provide me access to all of my FLAC files and internet radio plus I can plug my IEMs directly into the back of it.

I would be interested in trying something new besides another SB3. I checked out the Sonos players but they do not have a headphone jack. I love the Sonos controller BTW.

I can run an ethernet connection right next to the trainer if needed but prefer wireless.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back