Exercise question?
Feb 25, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cardio exercise affects testosterone?

I should have elaborated on my question a bit more but wasn't feeling very articulate(I'm not now either)...I know that extreme physical exertion (advanced fighter pilot training, navy SEAL training,etc.) has a big impact on testosterone levels and then I ran across a teaser for a Men's Health article saying men should steer more towards weight training or shorter-term cardio than women to retain your testosterone levels. I think that was a little bs though. I just want to know, generally, if there's a rule-of-thumb for how much cardio is good for men.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #6 of 19
You will never reach that level, unless you take up a "all soy" diet, and then decide to run 50 miles and so on, everyday. And its not that your losing testosterone, its that your losing ALOT of things, and those being one

You want to be doing more weight training, then you probably are doing now, and doing cardio in intervals

Examples, going for a 15 or 20 minute run, with the first 4 minutes being a jog, then a 2 minute sprint, then a full slowdown, then a 1 munute incline towards a sprint, then faster, slower (you get that idea). Do that, about 3 times a week and your laughing your fat away

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Examples, going for a 15 or 20 minute run, with the first 4 minutes being a jog, then a 2 minute sprint, then a full slowdown, then a 1 munute incline towards a sprint, then faster, slower (you get that idea). Do that, about 3 times a week and your laughing your fat away

Sounds about right to this guy. Though I've done marathon length running a handful of times just because I wanted to prove to myself I could. And I'm even more obscene on my bike at times. But when you love riding it happens. And sometimes you don't realize how far you've gone until every part of you is weary, your legs burn, and you're light headed. And then you realize you need to ride home.....
rolleyes.gif

But not once in my life have I ever felt like exercising affected me in any negative way. It's good for you.

Mar 1, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 19
And now, I have a friend who's absolutely sure that no amount of exercise can affect your testosterone. I'm just being a hypochondriac, I guess
eek.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 8:48 AM Post #12 of 19
Exercise may affect testosterone, but it also increases lifespan in males, to the female level. If that is not manly enough for you, then get fat and die young
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've discovered that if you completely stop exercising, your breasts get bigger.

So that's what those are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back