Exercise Earphones?
May 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Wenzel23

New Head-Fier
Hey, I am looking for a new pair of in ear headphones for working out (jogging, jumping rope, and weightlifting). Having them be able to stay in my ears during workouts will be something I need. I have been looking for a while now at workout in ear headphones yet can never seem to find anything. Any and all suggestions are welcome, I am looking to spend around $100 Canadian. I am not expecting the sound of the earphones to be amazing for the price I'm looking in I just hope to have a decent sounding pair of in earphones for working out. Thanks.

May 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 19
My suggestions would be to grab something that you'd wear over the ear.  Be aware that with IEMs and running, there is the inevitable bone conduction, the thud every time you take a step.  Can you give us a little more information about what kind of music will be run through them?

As for right now, I'm thinking the MEElectronics A150 or Shure SE215. 

May 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I listen to dubstep/hip hop/rap/metal. What are your opinions if you have any on the Bose ie2.

Don't go Bose :p  That's my opinions on that headphone :p 

You may also want to look at the ThinkSound TS02 or MS01 as well as they would fit the genres of music you listen to.  Take the A151 off the list, but the Shures should still be able to work for those genres.  Maybe a Brainwavz M5 or M2 may work for you too. 

If you're the type that always ends up with a pair of headphones that breaks, I would recommend getting one with a removable cable.  It'll make replacements a bit cheaper :p

May 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #8 of 19
Something like these AT's are good and cover all the bases. Waterproof, modular cable, iso and low-iso eartips, different sizes of the pieces that hold them in.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/audio-technica-ath-ckp500-sonicsport-in-ear-headphones/

May 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 19
What do you think of the yurbuds company? I was looking at this pair. http://yurbuds.com/products/signature-series/signature-series-lamichael-james/
I will look into the audio technica in the mean time.

May 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:
What do you think of the yurbuds company? I was looking at this pair. http://yurbuds.com/products/signature-series/signature-series-lamichael-james/
I will look into the audio technica in the mean time.

Tried them...  Didn't like them, they are horrid in terms of sound :frowning2: 

May 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:
Well I'm not going to be a huge stickler on sound since I am getting headphones for exercise only. I have other headphones for my everyday use.

You say that now, then you hear them and your ears bleed :p  LOL. 

May 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #13 of 19
Yeah I don't think I want something that bad haha. I'm not going to be a stickler but I want to have at least "good" sound lol. The thinksound earphones look cool but I can't see them staying in when jumping rope.

May 28, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:
Yeah I don't think I want something that bad haha. I'm not going to be a stickler but I want to have at least "good" sound lol. The thinksound earphones look cool but I can't see them staying in when jumping rope.

This trick will work with almost any pair of IEMs if you want stability, loop the cable over your ear with the strain relief pointing upward at an angle.  It works for the ThinkSound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back