Exclusive Oval Ear Tips Accessory
Jan 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #16 of 27
Oh good grief. You make this harder than it has to be. Klipsch is not the only small company that only sells online in the US, nor allows grey market sales to be covered by their warranty. Hit up your friend, or buy something else-it's your choice either way. This is how I feel when I want to buy something from a leather coat maker in England or a hat. I have to CALL THEM on the PHONE.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alathea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh good grief. You make this harder than it has to be. Klipsch is not the only small company that only sells online in the US, nor allows grey market sales to be covered by their warranty. Hit up your friend, or buy something else-it's your choice either way. This is how I feel when I want to buy something from a leather coat maker in England or a hat. I have to CALL THEM on the PHONE.

Maybe if I wanted something as costly as a leather coat.

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #18 of 27
I have the same problem, I live in europe and I only know 1 apple retail store that sell these earphones, but they don't sell those oval eartips, so where can I get it????

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #20 of 27
I figured I would reply to this thread instead of creating a new one, I hope it will still net a reply.

I have been having trouble keeping the seal on using the large tips, it loosens up after a few minutes.  Would the large double-flanged tips help my situation or should I look toward other options?  I really like the comfort of the Klipsch tips, it's too bad there isn't a size up.

I have also noticed that only medium-sized tips are available at the moment through the Klipsch store, any estimate when the other sizes will be stocked?

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #21 of 27
You could give the large dual flange a try, but I can't guarantee the fit. We should have more sizes available within the next week or two. Sorry for the delay!

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #22 of 27

Quote:
You could give the large dual flange a try, but I can't guarantee the fit. We should have more sizes available within the next week or two. Sorry for the delay!

Thank you for the prompt reply, Amy!  Looks like they are in stock now, I hope they work out.

edit: didn't notice the HUGE backorder button, oops

Dec 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #24 of 27
Amy,

I have a similar experience and question.   I normally use the medium size tips for various brands, but it would seem that the standard that most can speak to are the Sony's. The Sony product measures about 12mm diameter i.e. round* compared to the Klipsch tips being oval. Perhaps you can post the dimensional sizes for the tips (without giving away too much detail of your I.P.)?

Single flange

Small = 8 x 10 mm oval
Medium = 10 x 12 oval
Large = 12 x 14 oval

Bi Flange

Medium...?  The size that came with the S4i has a primary flange (larger of the two) measuring = 10 x 12 or equal to the medium single flange.

Large...?  Amy, can you tell us why Klipsch decided that the large Bi flange shouldn't be included in the package with the rest of the sizes? It doesn't make sense unless I am completely wrong in my assumption that the most common used size of the Sony Hybrids is medium.  From this perspective, and since the ones that fit my ears best are the large single flange, I am thinking that the Large Bi Flange would have been a better choice for me.  

Amy, how can I get a single pair of the Large (?) Bi Flange tips not included with the S4i before deciding which size to purchase in bulk (4 pack) packaging from Klipsch?

Also, if any one (including our hostess) has a need for the small, medium single flange, or medium bi-flange tips that came with my S4i, I'll be happy to trade
wink.gif
 PM me. 

* All measurements taken with a Starrett 6" steel rule and converted to metric
Edited for clarity and very poor grammar.

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #25 of 27
@Sinocelt

Not sure if this would be any help. Bluetin Singapore sells individual pairs. They do ship internationally -

http://bluetin.com/headphones-accessories_earplugs_klipsch-oval-tips-earbuds.html

Oct 25, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 27
Instead of creating a new thread, I too thought I ask here. So, I found the medium not to be the right fit for my ears, but the large to be a bit snug for my ears. Is there like an medium-large option, for either Klipsch(don't see it on their site), or some third party oval tip that comes in that size? Any tips or suggestion would be a welcome. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back