Exclusive newcomer from Ultrasone"!?
Nov 11, 2003 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

miroslav

500+ Head-Fier
It`s presentation is rather mysterious. All seven pages are full of big size photos of the smallest details and tempting comments.

quote:

"These are not only headphones.

Only 999 pieces worldwide.
Each one with its own serial number.
Each one with a certificate of ownership.
Each one with 10 years full warranty.

They are jewellery,
technology and
beauty at the same time"

You can see the "Edition7" announcement HERE

At least we can be sure they`re going to be (very) expensive.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 11, 2003 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 20
If anyone is interested they give an email address for more information: info@edition7.com . However with these headphones are they selling the quality of the build or the quality of the sound (they don't mention the sound much in there online broacher).

Wordsworth

Nov 11, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 20
[size=medium]I sent them an email and will post their response. I really hope that this dramatic build up is not for the usual let down.[/size]

Nov 11, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 20
He he, it's intriguing but kind of funny. favorite quote:

"Emotion: See it, feel it, SMELL it, hear it"

Not sure I want smelly headphones.
tongue.gif

Here's some more info:

edition7 is hand made in Germany with maximum care.
The box material is American red cherry wood.
The polished metal plate with logo, name and serial number is implemented in the top of the box.
The box contains: headphones, adapter, additional cable, cleaning towel, brochure with instruction manual.
The earcup is in deep, dark blue,
piano-quality surface, so smooth that you could use it as a mirror.
The earpads and the headpad is made of soft genuine leather in light grey, which fulfils top quality requirements.
The surface of the plates is polished like a mirror, with the gold coloured logo flat inside the silver space.
The driver is a brand new titanium plated mylar driver, which is not yet used in any of our headphones.
The headphone is exclusively available in PROline.
The customer gets a certificate of ownership, if he sends in his personal data (security and history).
The product has a 10 year full warranty.

Nov 11, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 20
Hmmmm, Mylar drivers...
Could these sound somewhat like Philips Clarity cans?

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer
580smile.gif

Nov 12, 2003 at 2:22 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
Well, they shouldn`t smell that bad for EUR 2390, should they?
wink.gif

Guys! Sooo, that's how much they're gonna cost! Strangely, because of this thresd I smelled my HD 580s and liked the way they smell. LOL.
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer
580smile.gif

EDIT: Actually, my HD 580s smell like a new car. I wonder how long this smell is gonna last...

Nov 12, 2003 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 20
what a lousy webpage
smily_headphones1.gif

well..i'm waiting, Jap..

Nov 12, 2003 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 20
Just double checked ... it's 2690 euros *gulp* direct from Ultrasone. I'm hoping for a review - and a better price - from Jan Meier.

Nov 12, 2003 at 4:48 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by AdamZuf
what a lousy webpage
smily_headphones1.gif

well..i'm waiting, Jap..

[size=medium]I'm still waiting myself. Ultrasone has not responded to me yet. [/size]

Nov 12, 2003 at 4:55 PM Post #11 of 20
For some reason I have a feeling these are being marketed to "collectors" in the far east.

Probably trying to keep up with Audio-Technica.

Nov 12, 2003 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Recommended by most famous performing artists.

My favorite quote from the site.
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #13 of 20
I don't like that part about "surround sound" I'm not sure there are any "good" headphones with that "feature."

Nov 12, 2003 at 10:19 PM Post #14 of 20
Hello radrd,

Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
I don't like that part about "surround sound" I'm not sure there are any "good" headphones with that "feature."

AFAIK, the "bad" headphones with "surround sound" as a "feature" all do it electronically, like the AKG Hearo 777, etc. What Ultrasone calls "surround sound", I think (please correct me if I'm wrong), is nothing but a very wide soundstage purely created by the acoustic shell's design along with angled drivers, etc. So there's no loss of resolution due to any lengthening of the signal path. I might be wrong though. I just don't know much about Ultrasones.

Cheers,
Alex Altorfer
580smile.gif

Nov 12, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #15 of 20
Alex, I certainly hope you are right. My concern lies with the fact that they bother to call it "surround sound" at all. I wouldn't expect anyone to bother advertising it as such unless there is some sort of gimmicky feature involved. But, like you, I don't know much about Ultrasone headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back