excited
Mar 2, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 58
Hmmm, that doesn't look any different from the Top Secret pre-release pics, other than the angle or zoom.

So, the D-2 #1-99 will be Viper, with socketed opamps, then non-viper after that?

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, that doesn't look any different from the Top Secret pre-release pics, other than the angle or zoom.

So, the D-2 #1-99 will be Viper, with socketed opamps, then non-viper after that?

Hmm...that would be interesting to know. Where did you get that source of information? I thought they basically just named them all D2-Vipers.

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 58
If the addict told you, he would have to.....well, ya know
wink.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 58
You know, be confined to a room listening to lossy recordings on iPod earbuds.

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #8 of 58
Nah, I'm just guessing about where the viper name came from. It makes sense to differentiate between the first 100 with socketed opamps, and later versions.

US companies would call the first one "Pro" and the later ones "SE" or something.
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 58
@Headphoneaddict How does the P2 sound compared to the Headsix? I currently have a Headsix but looking to get a Amp/DAC combo. I am just on the fence in whether to jump the gun on a D2 or 2Move.

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAQemUP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Headphoneaddict How does the P2 sound compared to the Headsix? I currently have a Headsix but looking to get a Amp/DAC combo. I am just on the fence in whether to jump the gun on a D2 or 2Move.

Let's keep this thread on track and wait for the D2 impressions or let's use the PM function that many of us resort to.

Mar 3, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 58
This is D2 related, in a sense. I am getting the D2 because it is supposed to be based on the P2 amp section/design.

I thought the P2 was more energetic and powerful, with improved sub-bass and the right balance of soundstage (not too close, not too far). When my first two P2 died - the first after a week and the second after a week - I moved my money to the waiting list for a D2 (the P2 issues have since been sorted out). The Headsix serves it's purposes, for sure, but I'm expecting the D2 to be something special based on the 150 hours I spent with my P2.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #15 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone got pics of it with an iPod or similar item to compare size

Itouch:
Height: 4.3 inches (110 mm)
Width: 2.4 inches (61.8 mm)
Depth: 0.31 inch (8 mm)
Weight: 4.2 ounces (120 grams)

D2:
Height: 94 mm
Width: 51 mm
Depth: 20 mm
Weight: 114 grams

If im not wrong, the itouch is heavier than the D2 (interesting, never knew that could happen)
So basically, the itouch would sit right under ur itouch with a little "itouch back" boarder around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back