Excited about my new headphones...
Nov 8, 2007 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello all

I just got my brand new ATH-ESW9s yesterday.

Their sound is very amazing I am loving it. It does not match my UE9 but that is very understandable.

If any of you get the chance check this out...

esw9b.jpg

These are surprisingly tiny...The sit on my ears. They have a big full bodied sound. I now have about 20 hours on them. The bass has came in very well. The AT house sound is clear and precise with just the right detail. More later but they are my new favorite portable headphones for work with my iMod and Xin Reference.

For other impressions go to the later pages of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266486

Nov 8, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by misterDX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you sure it is not a new-toy-syndrome?
wink.gif

I am very sure...
evil_smiley.gif
Comparisons are the best cure for that sort of thing.

Nov 8, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds neat, when they fold up, I assume they are much more portable than the ED9s right?

They lay flat like a Grado. They don't fold into themselves that I have noticed but being so small that makes them very portable. The profile on the head is very small compared with the full size units.

Nov 8, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #7 of 12
God, that looks gorgeous.

But... how do they compare to A-T's other lower-end offerings, like for instance the A900? Personally I quite like the A900 even though the boosted upper midrange isn't my cup of tea. If these can perform as well as the A900, I may very well pick up a pair (though I'm still thinking of the UE9 as a closed, transportable headphone... I know, I'm crazy).

Nov 8, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 12
That's a really nice picture, and some REALLY nice looking headphones! I can't wait for more impressions to appear.

When they are worn around your neck, how do the ear cups twist, driver in or out?

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 12
Those are beautiful, do you know how they compare to the ES7's? What are the sonic improvements for this woodie model?

Nov 8, 2007 at 9:53 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
God, that looks gorgeous.

But... how do they compare to A-T's other lower-end offerings, like for instance the A900? Personally I quite like the A900 even though the boosted upper midrange isn't my cup of tea. If these can perform as well as the A900, I may very well pick up a pair (though I'm still thinking of the UE9 as a closed, transportable headphone... I know, I'm crazy).

I can't compare them now with the A900LTD that I had. But if I could think back I think the ESW9 could be called much more balanced up and down the line. Less bass but for myself more than adequate and surprisingly good and better integrated into the sound image. Yea, the UE9 can not be beat by this one and it would be good if you wanted to use it portable. But the sound profile of both are very balanced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a really nice picture, and some REALLY nice looking headphones! I can't wait for more impressions to appear.

When they are worn around your neck, how do the ear cups twist, driver in or out?

Thanks!

I don't wear them around my neck yet. Just had them one day so I have not walked around much with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alleyezon_d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those are beautiful, do you know how they compare to the ES7's? What are the sonic improvements for this woodie model?

Can't compare them to the ES7s since I have not heard them. Others on the link above have. Check it out.

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #11 of 12
They sure look very nice.
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #12 of 12
The width of the sound image began getting wider today. This one is getting better all the time. My first impressions over on the other thread out of the box were nothing like what I am hearing now.

This one also does not take forever to mature as the UE9 did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back