Exchanging bowls of GS-1000 & RS-1
May 4, 2008 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kel Ghu

100+ Head-Fier
I couldn't find any thread about this. So I guess I had to try it!

RS-1 with Big Bowls
I find the GS-1000 already sibilant at times, but RS-1 with big bowls really are sibilant. The soundstage is wider, but not as deep as GS-1000's. This is probably because the RS-1's is just lost with these big bowls. Some people predict it would sound thin. Well it does not. The body is about the same as GS-1000, but the problem is it sounds wrong... Well, do not use big bowls with RS-1...

GS-1000 with Small Bowls
The sound with this is very good to me. The cans get very bassy! It's a kinda like the HD650 and I love that! It's very deep, impactful and defined! I can't imagine what would happen if I tried the tape mod...
The soundstage is not as wide as with the big bowl, it's about the same as RS-1 with small bowls, but it remains deep. The cans are not as bright anymore, it's darker than RS-1 actually. But the resolution is still there and it is better than RS-1. It is probably the best cans I've heard so far.

I was going to return the GS-1000 because if its brightness and keep the RS-1. But now, RS-1 will have to go. I have not tried the flatpads, but I don't want to lose more soundstage and the bass will probably be way too much, even for a basshead like me. I hope GS-1000 will try the small bowls and share their opinion!

May 4, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 2
GS1000 are all about their own bowls, so the RS1 etc, imo. When RS1 pads been used, they sound weird, but with flats they do not sound at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back