Excessive perspiration any tips?
Feb 25, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #16 of 35
I used to be a heavy smoker, and to make matters worse, I started when I was extremely young. Around the age of 20 I started perspiring obscene amounts.

I quit smoking thanks to several health-scares (midnight asphyxiations with frequent paramedic visitations,) and with an improved diet, my sweating isn't a problem anymore.

While quitting smoking certainly helped some, I truly believe that it was the internal cleansing (thanks to copious amounts of fruits and vegetables I consumed) that ultimately helped.

I personally think that it's much cheaper (and certainly more beneficial) to eat right than to take medication.

I don't want to impose anything upon you, but if you plan on smoking forever, a decision that is ultimately yours to make, don't wait until life & death situations before you make up your mind.

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:29 PM Post #17 of 35
I WENT THROUG THE SAME THING ABOUT TWENTY YEARS AGO. STARTED SUDDENLY,THEN IT STOPPED. ABOUT A WEEK FOR ME.

Horrible.

Stress! Smoking! Hormones! Who knows? Doctors did not know anything.

When you reach 59, you will want to live a lot longer. Trust me.

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #18 of 35
FAMOUS LAST WORDS! Went to wash this stuff off (as instructed) and left armpit has a gigantic rash on it
mad.gif
Went to chemist and he has given me "fucibet" to get rid of the rash... argh!!! This stuff is so strong the damned soap actually adhered to my armpit when I went to wash it off, it's stopped the perspiration for sure but now a large rash..... I think someone's got it in for me up there
blink.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #19 of 35
I'm usually good about ignoring the space-bar ads on the forum, but did anyone else notice that they are all for hyper hydrosis on this thread, not audio products.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to start a thread on scabies, let's see what shows up in the ads!
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #20 of 35
This may sound crazy but drink more water.

On the smoking go for it if it makes you happy and if you know the consequences. Heck you are an adult. I used to smoke two packs a day of chesterfields, plus at least one big fat cigar, and about an ounce of pipe tobaco a week. I decided to quit not for health reasons but because of the money being spent.

If I smoked today I would spend on a daily basis $6.50 on cigaretts, $12.50 on one cigar (if I bought them by the box - Partagas brand), $2.00 on pipe cigar. This means $20.00 a day or $600 a month. I decided to spend my money elsewhere.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
"Quite the opposite Bangra, I appear to be shaving more often (well, more growth) this started a couple of months ago and came on quite sudden (the excessive perspiration). I'll try this driclor stuff tonight but would like to get to the root of "why" rather than varnishing my armpits every night with this gear."...

Any young females in the neighbourhood at the moment, perhaps? Sitting too close to women in the bus, are we? It seems to me your time of the year has come: Something has turned on the spring in you already
tongue.gif
Hormones are produced and the virility is rising like a mountain. In this state you describe, you must be a beacon of male (masculine) pheromones. Don't go out unless you are willing to accept unusual levels of female attention.
plainface.gif
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #23 of 35
1. Buy some lime at the supermarket.
2. Before you shower, cut 1 in half.
3. Shower as normal.
4. Then apply each half under each armpit.
5. Leave it for 10 mins.
6. Rinse it off.

It works better than any anti perspirant i know. Hope this helps.

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
So what? I don't particularly "want" to live past 60 and I enjoy smoking.

Me too - chainsmoke the Amberleaf in liquorice Rizla.
What with Nanny Government banning smoking in pubs and bars...will have to rethink approach to enjoyment - or is this subject a different thread altogether?
plainface.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
1. Buy some lime at the supermarket.
2. Before you shower, cut 1 in half.
3. Shower as normal.
4. Then apply each half under each armpit.
5. Leave it for 10 mins.
6. Rinse it off.

It works better than any anti perspirant i know. Hope this helps.

That sounds good I certainly will try that on Monday when I will be able to buy a few limes from the fruit shop, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Me too - chainsmoke the Amberleaf in liquorice Rizla.
What with Nanny Government banning smoking in pubs and bars...will have to rethink approach to enjoyment - or is this subject a different thread altogether?
plainface.gif

I'm GV in normal swan papers. Probably a good topic for a seperate thread Allen.

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #27 of 35
Have you gained weight recently?

I tend to sweat more when I bulk even during the winter.

I'm not a big fan of anti-perspirants because of the ingredients but I do use deoderant.

What's with the lime thing?
confused.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Have you gained weight recently?

The only thing I've been doing, which I NEVER used to do, is eat about 1lb of chocolate every night. I haven't gained weight, not really, well.... I lost a couple of stone a while back when I was hitting the booze but I've put that back on and am now my normal weight again.. maybe this could be a chocolate reaction
confused.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnoLobster
You sound like you lead an impressively healthy life.
rolleyes.gif

Funnily enough, I'm perfect weight and as fit as a fiddle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back