Excess cabling?
Apr 19, 2010 at 3:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Stein

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Up until today I've been keeping my extra 5 or so feet of cable twist-tied together in sort of an oval shape, but I read somewhere on here today that that's not a very healthy way to manage my cables.

So I come to you guys today seeking advice on how to deal with that spare cabling without re-cabling the whole headphone. Any tips or pictures of your management would be greatly appreciated.

And yes, I have tried the search function because I'm fairly sure I've seen a similar thread to this, but the search kind of failed me.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 4
Unfortunately there is not much better than what you have unless the cable is very thin.

You may get better results tiying it in a loose loop (or a few loops) than a tightly twisted one. IME cables in a tightly twisted set of loops develop a memory and get bends and whatnot. In nice big loops things stay nice and smooooth.

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Well, I'll attempt to get the wires into larger loops, but they seem to already have that kind of memory because of how they were tied together in the packaging when I first got the headphones.

As you can see, the kinks are pretty nasty. :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back