Excellent service from Eddie Current
Apr 1, 2005 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

slindeman

500+ Head-Fier
I owe it to Craig to let everyone know the great service I have received from him. It started in early January when I began inquiring about purchasing one of his amps. He patiently answered my many questions and wasn't upset when I ended up buying a used HD300 instead of a new one. When I began having some issues with hum he helped me troubleshoot a grounding problem in my own DIY DAC. When this didn't completely eliminate the hum he had me send my amp into him. He fixed it the day after he received it, and went beyond the hum issue to add new upgrades to improve the sound further. Specifically he added a circuit to compensate for the rising impedance of HD650 in the high frequencies. He only charged me the parts cost for this upgrade. He also mentioned in an e-mail that he is willing to share a schematic of this upgrade so that other HD300 owners can benefit too. He shipped my amp the next day and I received it early this week. The amp sounds excellent, with a blacker background than before and zero noise even with the worst 6AS7 offenders I have. I am a satisfied customer.

BTW, my favorite tube combination so far has been Brimar 6SN7 with Tungsol 6AS7.

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 9
Excellent service for me too. There was a lot of problems because of the shipping costs and tax customs, but because of him, in the end everything turned out better than I hoped in the first place. He was really helpful all the time, and definitely deserves all the praises.

BTW. When receiving a packet from outside of EU, there's 22% (+3%) tax in Finland. Think about that next time you're starting to complain about tax.

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 9
[size=large]Your so very right on that one, sir.[/size]
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peksu
BTW. When receiving a packet from outside of EU, there's 22% (+3%) tax in Finland. Think about that next time you're starting to complain about tax.

[size=small]Tax, in USA, on "out of state" internet purchases? Zero! Happiness in keeping the government's grubby hands off my money? Priceless![/size]
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
[size=small]Happiness in keeping the government's grubby hands off my money? Priceless![/size]
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Happiness in squeezing my hands around your throat? I will find out.
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 9
Back OT, I would certainly echo what's been said so far.

I bought a used HD300 that was sent to EC for upgrades. Craig was great to deal with, generous with advice and information, and very quick in turning the amp around and sending back it out. And the amp is everything I hoped it would be. Incredible with the DT880s.
600smile.gif

BW

Apr 1, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peksu
Excellent service for me too. There was a lot of problems because of the shipping costs and tax customs, but because of him, in the end everything turned out better than I hoped in the first place. He was really helpful all the time, and definitely deserves all the praises.

That's nothing! I got an M-Audio Transit from an US dealer some weeks ago. I got the dealer to state a value of $39 on the package. For this package I got charged $31 in taxes and customs when bringing it in to sweden, thats about an 80% surcharge.. Nice eh? When getting stuff over the border it hardly gets below an 40% surcharge in taxes and customs.. Sorry for off-topic
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:47 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriksson
That's nothing! I got an M-Audio Transit from an US dealer some weeks ago. I got the dealer to state a value of $39 on the package. For this package I got charged $31 in taxes and customs when bringing it in to sweden, thats about an 80% surcharge.. Nice eh? When getting stuff over the border it hardly gets below an 40% surcharge in taxes and customs.. Sorry for off-topic
smily_headphones1.gif

In the last few months I nearly started to seriously think about moving to Sweden. Thanks for waking me up!
wink.gif

And sorry about OT, if I have something OT to say, I'll just edit it in the end of this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back