Excellent isolating in ears for £100 or less.
Mar 30, 2017 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

esuhgb

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
As title says looking for IEM's for the gym. The isolation is the most important part as I want to have volume as low as possible to avoid damaging my ears, while drowning out the awful music at the gym. Ideally I would like one that is shaped like the fischer amps fa4e, or the universal/custom kind if they are any at this price point as they seem to give me the best fit without them constantly sliding out of my ear.

As for sound signature looking for a pair that neutralish from the mids to highs with slight boost in the bass especially the sub bass. Kind of like the Mee audio P1's but with a bit more sub bass. I have also got the tennmak pro's but they are a bit too bassy and don't isolate enough. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hi,
As title says looking for IEM's for the gym. The isolation is the most important part as I want to have volume as low as possible to avoid damaging my ears, while drowning out the awful music at the gym. Ideally I would like one that is shaped like the fischer amps fa4e, or the universal/custom kind if they are any at this price point as they seem to give me the best fit without them constantly sliding out of my ear.

As for sound signature looking for a pair that neutralish from the mids to highs with slight boost in the bass especially the sub bass. Kind of like the Mee audio P1's but with a bit more sub bass. I have also got the tennmak pro's but they are a bit too bassy and don't isolate enough. Thanks for any suggestions.

Other than being rolled off in the highs, the Shure SE215 might fit the bill. It isolates well. Two more you might check out are the SoundMAGIC E50 and the Beyerdynamic Byron. You might read about these and see what you think. It is possible one could work for you. And remember, you can always use third-party tips like the Comply to get a better, snugger fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back