Excellent car subwoofer?
Jun 21, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Wrong forum for sure....

But since I have that sub, I'll comment.  The only reason I got it is so I can put it under the seat of my Jeep so it's out of sight.  If you have the room, get a better sub.  But if you're cramped for space this is decent.  It won't rattle the windows but it does a decent job of filling in the low end. 

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 5
The Bazookas are very nice for the $, and come in different sizes.

Jun 22, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 5
First of all, for car audio, go search Steve Meade Designs (SMD), the forum page designed for car audio.

I'm not too keen on BOSS AUDIO, it's cheap cause it's a cheap product.

The specs aren't too impressive.

Also, if you're trying to get a good SQ out of your car like you hear on your headphones, you have a TON of work to do.  That product prolley won't get you anywhere.  Detailed systems include a high fidelity HU and a crossover and a signal processor and strong amplifiers that actually give you the power ratings they say they do (hard to find cause a bunch provide distortion at the levels of wattage it says it puts out) and then you need high quality speakers.  Not BOSS AUDIO.  Look into Focal (high tier) and Hertz (high tier) and Image Dynamics (middle tier) and Boston acoustics (middle tier) and Kicker (low tier) and Infinity (low tier) [not BOSS AUDIO (lower than low tier)] and if you really have tons of money go for Brax (ultra high tier LOL).

Good luck!

EDIT: Cables are important too.  As well as speaker placement.  And maybe look into line drivers too.  But really, installation is everything, making sure the polarity is correct and placing speakers in the correct enclosures in the correct positions takes much time and patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back