Exactly how many people here own pair of Koss-porta, sporta, ksc35/50?
Mar 29, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 34
I have 3 sets of KSC35s and 1 PortaPro. I purchased the PortoPro 1st based on some info off the internet back in 94 or 95. Then I changed hairstyles and couldn't have a headband messin' up my fro
cool.gif
so I went to the KSC35. I purchased two extra sets recently for posterity. The 35s always accompany me on road trips!

Mar 29, 2002 at 12:45 AM Post #17 of 34
I have KSC-35s and had the Porta Pros for over 10 years.........another casualty of my dog. She has eaten 2 pairs of Etys, 1 pair of Koss, and 2 pair of Sony buds, one being E888. But I still love her.
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #19 of 34
people having triple sets of ksc35s........developing somekind of envy.

Mar 29, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 34
Used to own: PortaPros (more years ago than I care to remember), three other pairs of KSC-35 (destroyed by wildlife or carelessness
frown.gif
)

Currently own: Three pairs of KSC-35, two pairs of KSC-50, one pair of SportaPros

Maybe I should buy stock in Koss
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 7:40 AM Post #21 of 34
I've got the KSC-50s, but - really don't like how they sound... I tried with Glueguns help to get them to sound better, but they sound way too thick, soupy for my liking...

To me the Senn MX500s are light years ahead... but, that could just be the equipment that I use.........

Mar 29, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #22 of 34
I currently own both the Porta and Sporta Pro's. I like them both. I use to have the KSC-35's, but I broke them and replaced with the Portas. Koss are all on top of my list.

Mar 30, 2002 at 2:07 AM Post #24 of 34
Just got some 35's to add to the 50 and sporta collection. I used to love the sporta's but now they just sound boomy.
Talking of 'tweaks', I still can't fathom why a power cord could make a difference. But, I'm convinced that pressure on the ears is really critical which is why the 35's sound better than the 50's which are better than the sporta's (but not by much (less boomy but more shrill) and they fall off too easily).
confused.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

crk

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:20 AM Post #25 of 34
Two pairs of 35's & a pair of 55's for the wife (who has really been enjoying them and is almost protective of same).

Used to own another pair of "real" Koss headphones about 10 to 14 years ago (died in a move), but can't for the life of me remember the model number. Paid about $30 for them in the late '80s and they were comfortable and sounded good. About the only thing I'm sure of is they weren't (S)Porta-Pros. I think the number on them was something 25
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #26 of 34
I have KSC 50. I got them because of recomendations from here. They wouldn't fit in Selencio Lo Pro 2000 muffs so I had to buy Ety ER-6. I keep the Koss for listening in hotel room.

Mar 31, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #28 of 34
I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I own the KSC-35 (two of 'em!), Porta Pro, Sporta Pro (two of 'em...one broken), AND KSC-50! I admit it, I'm a "Koss-a-holic", at least with this "family" of products!

Mar 31, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #29 of 34
Mike I have the KSC 50's. Am i missing out on the world of Koss by sticking with just them as my cheap ass cans? Should i branch out and buy more koss? I like the KSC 50's so would you rate them as they compare to your other koss headphones? Thank you mike.

Mar 31, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #30 of 34
Although all of the Koss 'phones mentioned use the same drivers, they don't sound the same! First of all, the KSC-50s have less bass "impact" than any of the others, simply because they fit against the ears less snugly. The Sporta Pros have the most bass output (many, including myself, think a little too much!) because they fit the most snugly. I think the best (tonally, octave to octave) balanced among them are the KSC-35, and Porta Pro...both of which get the bass just about right (in my opinion).

Are you missing out using Koss exclusively as your "cheap-ass phones"? A month ago I would have said absolutely not, because I use the same Koss "cheap-ass phones". But I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of what is supposed to be a re-incarnation of my all-time favorite "cheap-ass phones", which haven't been made in about 8 years. They WERE known as the Sennheiser HD-40, but the new version is sold as a "multimedia" (read "computer") headphone, and known as the M@H40, which is supposed to be the low impedance (easy to drive) version of this classic GIANT KILLER design which was once available in both high and low impedance versions (the low impedance HD-40 was a late arrival, only available during approximately the last year this design was on the market. I have never owned a low-impedance HD-40, but wore out 3 high impedance HD-40s in various radio studios).

I suspect this new version of a great old friend may finally be a "Koss killer". I'll let you know
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back