Exact same or similar to Audeze Wooden Box
Mar 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

inasafeplace

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I would like to get a few boxes of this type to store my headphones but had no success yet. Been looking for jewellery boxes but they wouldn't make some for big things like headphones right? Any idea?

http://www.soundearphones.com/products/audeze-wooden-box#.UTlwslfUvmc

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 8
Why won't the Audez'e box work? :confused_face_2:

Anyways, Charter Oak, HiFiMan, Audio-Technica, and probably others have produced fancy packaging along those lines over the years - might be worth a look or e-mail if you're really interested. You might also look at pre-built hobby boxes, you'd have to paint/decorate it yourself, but that could be more fun/meaningful, depending on your personality.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 8
AUdeze box is fine but I dont know if I'm willing to spend 75 dollars per box :p Also it has the Audeze logo on it...

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #4 of 8
If you can DIY and already have the woodworking tools I suggest you just make one, or you could check out antique stores/swap meets they might have a box in the size you need for about $5 (just line it with the fabric of your choice; look up how exotic cables are packaged* to see how they put the satin in there to act like foam with your headphones). Or if you want functionality more than classic looks, and would pay double over a nice looking wooden box, check out Otterbox and similar products for those water-resistant cases with padded interiors.

*does not mean I get the logic behind doing this for cables

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 8
Yeah I wish I had tools and knowledge to do this. I wouldn't have created this thread if I did :) Thanks for the info.

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Yeah I wish I had tools and knowledge to do this. I wouldn't have created this thread if I did :) Thanks for the info.

You cold always ask around, you might actually know someone like a neighbor who's into woodworking and might do a box with his spare wood and you'll just owe him a sirloin steak and a beer. If the high school in your area has shop class for example maybe the instructor can make one for you.

Mar 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #7 of 8
If you have a store such as the Container Store, you could find heavier black cardboard storage boxes with a lid / cover for the top.  This particular box is a woven shirt box (about 16 x 12 x 6" high).   You could cut foam, satin, etc. to size to line the inside of the box for your headphone protection.

If one box seems a bit big, then maybe it could fit two pair of headphones inside?

Mar 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 8
I paid $30 for a humidor awhile ago, tried turning it into a case for my D7000's, and it worked pretty well. However, I got the box on a major sale, so you may have to look for used humidors and see if you can dry it out.
It was just a test to see if it worked, I'm not actually using the humidor for a case, btw. They sit on a stand on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back