Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and Album Artist
Jan 3, 2015 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rphunt2002

New Head-Fier
I've started using Exact Audio Copy 1.0 beta 4 (EAC) to rip to FLAC, and as with some other rippers, I noticed that "Album Artist" is left blank on each track.

Why is this an issue? A lot of players group tracks by "Album Artist", and if it is blank, tracks then get separated by "Artist" (the artist for that track). In a lot of cases that's not a problem, but for collections, anthologies, and soundtracks, that can be inconvenient.

For other rippers, I would use MP3 tag to fix that, and to add cover art. But when I moved over to EAC, I found a way to get it to include "Album Artist"...

menu: EAC
menu: Compression Options
Tab: External Compression
Box: Additional Command Line Options

In this string: 

-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

change "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" to "ALBUMARTIST=%albumartist%"

I'm not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but I figured this post might make it easier to find, and I hope it's helpful to someone at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back