EX71 or PX200 for plane travel?
Dec 2, 2003 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sjino

100+ Head-Fier
eCost has em both for arround $30, so I'm gonna pick up one or the other for plane trips. I expect that the EX71 will have better isolation and not as good sound, whereas the 200s will probably sound better and isolate less well. Am I correct in my assumptions?

I'd really appreciate hearing from someone who has travelled (plane, train, bus) with either of these.

Thanks!

Dec 2, 2003 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 8
You'd be right. I did bear with the EX70 on quite a lot of flights. They are usable and do isolate, but not that much when compared to the likes of the Shure E2.

Dec 2, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks, Bangraman.

Anyone know how the PX200s do in the isolation department when in a noisy environment (such as a plane, train, bus, etc.) If they're adequate, it might be worth buying them instead of the EX71s.

Thanks again.

Dec 2, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 8
On my head the PX200s provide no isolation whatsoever. Well, perhaps there's a DB or two, but anything I heard before I still hear, and subjectively just as loud. And I've tried a fair variety of exactly-where-it-sits-on-the-ear tweaks.

EX71's don't isolate as much as fancier phones, but they do isolate somewhat. Small and comfortable too. And they won't get in your way if you're resting your head against the window or something like that.

Dec 2, 2003 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 8
Earphones such as EX70 or 71 will do much better than the PX200 on the plane. I've tried to use the PX200 and I had to turn the volume up too much to drown out the droning of the engines. With E2c's, I was able to listen to my music at a comfortable volume.

Dec 4, 2003 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 8
i have both and i actually much prefer the senns for airplane use. when i put the px200 on, it cuts out most background noise and provides pretty decent isolation. besides, it's more comfortable than the ex71 and i generally prefer earbuds, too. i've since retired the px200s for ety er-4p's but i would definitely recommend the senns for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back