ex71/51 rubber tips/sleeves for e2c?
Apr 13, 2005 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

elliot

100+ Head-Fier
I have read about using the rubber tips from the sony ex71 on the shure e2c. I am dissatisfied with the comfort on the e2c rubber tips and don't like the foam too much. Where might I be able to buy new sets of the rubber tips for the sonys to use on the shures? Thanks!

Apr 13, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfunk408
you can go to shures website and buy the ultra soft flex sleeves for the e2c without modding.

What he said! Do it NOW! I found the E2c basically unusable until I got the ultra soft flex sleeves.......now they feel, and sound, great.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 11
To make sure, I ordered the assorted size pack. I couldn't find my other clear silicone sleeves to compare sizes. I'm getting the E3 tomorrow, so I'll be able to see if they fit, but I tend to doubt it.

Apr 13, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelongwood
I'm getting the E3 tomorrow, so I'll be able to see if they fit, but I tend to doubt it.

It looks like the E3 uses different sized sleeves (same as e5) because they are listed differently than the E2 on the shure site.
By the way, why are you getting the E3? I've considered it, but I'm less eager to if it is possible that different tips will improve my E2 experience. Plus, I hear that the E3 bass is not as good. But the E3looks nicer.

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 11
i used to use the medium clears and foams prior to switching over to ultra softs. i find that the medium ultra softs fit me best. that is not to say that the sizes correspond exactly between the ultra soft and the clears or foams. HTH.

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfunk408
i used to use the medium clears and foams prior to switching over to ultra softs. i find that the medium ultra softs fit me best. that is not to say that the sizes correspond exactly between the ultra soft and the clears or foams. HTH.

Have you also found the difference to be worthwhile and significant?

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 11
The e3c's sleeves are different than the e2c. (Barrel is smaller on the e3c) Also the e2c soft sleeves are soft but not as "soft" as the MD33, ex71-51-81 sleeves. Oh and not as soft as the e3c sleeves.

Apr 13, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot
Have you also found the difference to be worthwhile and significant?

i personally prefer the foam sound over the ultrasoft sound. but foams get dirty quick, not from my ears but from my finger oils rolling it haha. ultrasofts are easy to insert, and i feel more of the bass "slam" (for lack of better word) than i did with the foams. the pressure takes some getting used to (more pressure than the sony ex51s, probably similar to the pressure of e3c soft tips). significant in ease of insertion and comfort. worthwhile in the same sense, but not in sound quality.

Apr 13, 2005 at 12:42 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot
By the way, why are you getting the E3?

For the same reason I ordered the Panasonic HJE50, the Sony EX71, and Koss Plug the same day.............curiosity.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back