EX 71's went through the washer. How can I help get the quality back.
Jan 27, 2006 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

knarf135

New Head-Fier
My sony EX71's went throgh the washer and now they have a little distortion in them and sound like I am listining though a sea shell. Should I wait and see if it gets any better or try and dry them in some way?

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 9
Sorry to hear! Either wait till they dry, or it's time for another pair!
eek.gif

Jan 27, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Dry them ASAP. Put them on a slightly hot source or use a hair drier. Once the wires start corroding, the distortion will most likely be permanent! Please don't panic though.

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 9
My ex71s were destroyed in a matter of weeks. They wire split right were the silver sony covers the fork in the wire. Is there anyway to make the cable more sturdy?

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by knarf135
My sony EX71's went throgh the washer and now they have a little distortion in them and sound like I am listining though a sea shell. Should I wait and see if it gets any better or try and dry them in some way?

LOL, samething happened to me as well, but mine were gone
frown.gif
. At least it gave me another reason to get another pair of IEM's
etysmile.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #7 of 9
how come I read so many durability issues over the EX71? I have a pair of modded EX70's that I have had for over 4 years, beat them to hell, and they are still in perfect working condition. Are the EX70's just not affected by the same design flaws?

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlo mein
how come I read so many durability issues over the EX71? I have a pair of modded EX70's that I have had for over 4 years, beat them to hell, and they are still in perfect working condition. Are the EX70's just not affected by the same design flaws?

Apparently Sony has been using different cable on the newer ones. My EX71s broke in 3 days.
plainface.gif

Consequently I hate them, being nearly destroyed is not good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back