Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal.
Dec 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #151 of 439
Yeah, My current IPS Eizo FS2333 is night and day compared to my previous Syncmaster...
There's also 5 years warranty by Eizo, which doesn't hurt
biggrin.gif

I am getting a Asus monitor, it's the only one I can get in my local store were I can go in and pay..i have had a Trojan horse and don't put any bank details on my pc anymore!

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #152 of 439
I am getting a Asus monitor, it's the only one I can get in my local store were I can go in and pay..i have had a Trojan horse and don't put any bank details on my pc anymore!

Thats still an edge lit LED though... Either way, I hope you like it:)

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #153 of 439
Dec 3, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #154 of 439
I'd rather get the Eizo Foris FS2434-BK

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #156 of 439
That's awesome! I'd love to see more public gaming events... I know they exist everywhere, but I feel that, in the US, gaming is mostly an insular hobby unless you go to tournaments or live in Silicon Valley. In that sense I miss the death of arcades, we have a Dave and Buster's nearby but their newest games are iOS games on a big screen... Yup, gonna toss the quarters into a Temple Run with a glitchy ball controller, cut the rope, some ice climber-esque game, etc.

My monitor is an Asus VN248, it's an IPS display which has been doing well enough for dual-duty between PC and PS4 (Xbox is on the basement TV, doesn't get much internet love anymore).

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #157 of 439
X7 has arrived!

Just looking across my desk, some of us here on HeadFi might see a cornucopia of audio gear, wires, and adapters, but even among audiophiles and most regular folks will just see a big 'ol mess...

I've got an audio chain stack, different cable lengths, power cables, a few mics, tubes (more in a box down below the desk), screwdrivers-allenwrench-multimeter to properly adjust the tube amp, batteries, adapters, splitters, joiners, a Bluetooth keyboard (lol)... and I feel comfortably happy that a lot of it will be consolidated in one unit.

I'll be playing with it and testing, getting some sort of setup review and sound impressions written and posted by the end of Thursday, and the plan is to eventually post a playlist on YouTube of different headphone gaming setups, but for now... I'm just gonna listen to music with the X7 by my bed, and eventually sleep :)

Hope you guys are excited about my review as I am to write it!

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #159 of 439
*shrug*
When I asked creative if I could review the X7, they asked if I'd like to review the E1 too. I thought, why not? Might be nice with my M100 at work. So they sent me one. First time I've had a company send me something. I waffled about buying an E3 for myself anyway, I'll see what the little guy's got, but the E1 is a side-show compared to the X7 – though the E1 can work as a PC DAC, competition for FiiO's E7! Egads, these names might get confusing...

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #160 of 439
I admit, I'm more interested in the E1 than the X7...

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #161 of 439
Something for everyone then! Btw, I noticed that the diamond shaped sides aren't (just) for style, you can set the E1 on it's side and it rests on this angle and rear clip to angle the mic up towards the user.

So one thing I've noticed, Creative gives you 7 power cables, but doesn't include an optical cable, nor does the manual illustrate how to use the built-in mic with a Playstation or Xbox.

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #162 of 439
Something for everyone then! Btw, I noticed that the diamond shaped sides aren't (just) for style, you can set the E1 on it's side and it rests on this angle and rear clip to angle the mic up towards the user.

So one thing I've noticed, Creative gives you 7 power cables, but doesn't include an optical cable, nor does the manual illustrate how to use the built-in mic with a Playstation or Xbox.

Awaiting your impressions 
biggrin.gif
 Mine is on the way.
A comparison to other, lesser DSPs SB Recon3D USB would be awesome :]

Oh, and why do we have so many cables?! Do they all serve different purposes?

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #163 of 439
  Awaiting your impressions 
biggrin.gif
 Mine is on the way.
A comparison to other, lesser DSPs SB Recon3D USB would be awesome :]

Oh, and why do we have so many cables?! Do they all serve different purposes?

They have to validate that price tag somehow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back