Evian spelled backwards is "naive"!!
Aug 5, 2002 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Can you believe it?? I swear it's true. Pick up an evian bottle and look in the mirror if you don't beleive me. Man, that's some fscked up ****...
eek.gif

Aug 5, 2002 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 33
Did you find out after another one of those "induced" nights?
wink.gif

I've heard that a few times before. Personally, I don't buy bottled water. Well, maybe if I'm hiking somewhere where I can't find a faucet. Real men use the tap!

Aug 5, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #3 of 33
yeah, and lived backwards is devil. you smoked a mad bowl before doing this didn't you?

want another one?

swiss watch...
swisswatch...
swisswatch...

swatch!

now explain to me what you were doing with an evian bottle in the first place...

Aug 5, 2002 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 33
Actually, real men don't drink water at all. So what do they drink? Well let´s ask a real man. An american firefighter:

- "So, mister firefighter, what does a real man drink??"

- "Plain ordinary milk. Except for fridays and saturdays. Then we tend to enjoy the low fat kind."

So, there you have it. Real men drink milk.

Aug 5, 2002 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by carlo

now explain to me what you were doing with an evian bottle in the first place...

I thought it contained vodka.

Aug 5, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken

I thought it contained vodka.

And did you notice that vodka spelled backwards is akdov? Which is similar to the esperanto word for water: akvo

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 5, 2002 at 3:06 PM Post #8 of 33
grinch,

yo momma's so fat she fell in love and broke it.

thanks for reminding me about that special moment in reality bites, this sounded vaguely familiar but the reference escaped me.

regards,
carlo.

Aug 5, 2002 at 3:13 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

grinch,

yo momma's so fat she fell in love and broke it.

thanks for reminding me about that special moment in reality bites, this sounded vaguely familiar but the reference escaped me.

personally, i think that the afformentioned scene, where they are dancing to "my shorona" in the gas station (while stoned) and buying groceries with her dad's gas card is one of the staples of american film in the 1990's. in my opinion, it practically encompasses the 1990's and i think it's also quite funny. just my opinion though. i also really love some of the sarcastic comments that ethan hawke throws out about ben stiller:

"did he dazzle you with his knowledge of mineral water?"

Aug 5, 2002 at 3:47 PM Post #10 of 33
grinch,

we'll probably be slapped with a crapping violation, but i'm comfortable with that.

i enjoy reality bites as well, but it lost its luster to me after a while, and i still haven't watched it in years. here's my deal: ben stiller was great, as he normally is (as i type i'm flashing back to the scene where winona rider and he are making out in the car), but here's my peeve: the film was so damned poignant that it turned into a cliche. i swear if i hear another psuedo intellectual person preach about the misuse of "irony" the devil on my shoulder will have free reign over my body. unfair to judge the movie? probably so... but then again ethan hawke bugs me on near keanu reeves scale. of course, i do get tempted to channel the spirit of the film each time i use my (own) gas card.

for what its worth, i think the scene that defined the 90s best was tyler durden and marla's exchange in her apartment in fight club, and lester's "i rule" scene in american beauty. obviously the late 90s were more impactfull to me than the early 90s.

regards,
carlo.

Aug 5, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by LarryS

And did you notice that vodka spelled backwards is akdov? Which is similar to the esperanto word for water: akvo

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?
rolleyes.gif

And did you know that BOB spelled backwards is ...well...BOB!

Aug 5, 2002 at 5:46 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Can you believe it?? I swear it's true. Pick up an evian bottle and look in the mirror if you don't beleive me. Man, that's some fscked up ****...
eek.gif

You worked it out just now? Jeeez... You sure you aren't on the 'evian'?

Aug 5, 2002 at 7:40 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse

You worked it out just now? Jeeez...

Man, sorry to let you hear about the evian thing for the second time.. I didn't mean to occupy your sparse braincells with useless information. Sorry.
frown.gif

Aug 5, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

grinch,

we'll probably be slapped with a crapping violation, but i'm comfortable with that.

i enjoy reality bites as well, but it lost its luster to me after a while, and i still haven't watched it in years. here's my deal: ben stiller was great, as he normally is (as i type i'm flashing back to the scene where winona rider and he are making out in the car), but here's my peeve: the film was so damned poignant that it turned into a cliche. i swear if i hear another psuedo intellectual person preach about the misuse of "irony" the devil on my shoulder will have free reign over my body. unfair to judge the movie? probably so... but then again ethan hawke bugs me on near keanu reeves scale. of course, i do get tempted to channel the spirit of the film each time i use my (own) gas card.

for what its worth, i think the scene that defined the 90s best was tyler durden and marla's exchange in her apartment in fight club, and lester's "i rule" scene in american beauty. obviously the late 90s were more impactfull to me than the early 90s.

regards,
carlo.

great scenes and i can see how you'd point to those as defining the nineties. i was always a fan of the alternate take of them in the bedroom: "i want to have your abortion." american beauty really as a whole seems to describe half of the people i know. they've gotten too attached to being bored and forgotten what living is like. i mean, after all.. it's just a couch.

and i still almost piss my pants from laughing when i see them making out to "frampton comes alive".. it's a good movie but not one that i watch very often, but i do love showing it to people who've never seen it before. kinda like swingers.. everybody should see it but not everyone will like it that much.

Aug 5, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Man, sorry to let you hear about the evian thing for the second time.. I didn't mean to occupy your sparse braincells with useless information. Sorry.
frown.gif

Actually, it's about the 50th time in 20 years...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back