Everybody likes eggs
Aug 7, 2016 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
It's amazing. When you travel the world, the common food item that you find in every country are eggs. It's that one food item that the whole world agrees on.

I have never met anyone who does not like eggs. I mean it's impossible to hate eggs. The taste is mild and compatible to the human palate. So yeah, everyone likes eggs.

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 12
Eggs are very versatile too, there are many ways to cook them, eat them savory or sweet, etc.  I do like my eggs for breakfast and an egg custard tart is great for sweet cravings.

One group of people who may not agree with you, those vegans.

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 12
It's amazing. When you travel the world, the common food item that you find in every country are eggs. It's that one food item that the whole world agrees on.

I have never met anyone who does not like eggs. I mean it's impossible to hate eggs. The taste is mild and compatible to the human palate. So yeah, everyone likes eggs.

Except for those who really don't but are too afraid to say so because they don't want to buck the concensus of opinion......  
basshead.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #7 of 12
  eggs-actly.... 
biggrin.gif

btw, does that include pidan (1,000 year old Chinese eggs..?
blink.gif
  )

I've eaten that, it's an acquired taste though, often eaten with congee (a sort of rice porridge).  Actually, your post made me think of something called "balut" which is a Philippines delicacy, a 3 week old fertilized duck egg.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #12 of 12
  Cordon bleu capers, right there....    
bigsmile_face.gif

I swear, people have conspiracy theories about why there's no cure for cancer, but given that people here dream up stuff like sauteing duck embryos in crab fat, I'm surprised nobody's got any conspiracy theories about chefs and cardiologists. Or hepatologists, because liver cirrhosis is in the freaking top 10 diseases here because of the kinds of food we have - the US might have obese people rolling around in motorized chairs but over here imagine people chugging down beer eating duck embryos in crab fat with a side of raw, fatty tuna and deep fried pig stomachs, then they wake up the next morning to a double skirt steak and egg breakfast (with rice fried in the same skillet or wok as the skirt steak to absorb the fond). 

Even the non-meat stuff are deadly - another popular beer chow are pig ears and tofu. Even if you just have the tofu, it gets dipped in soy sauce, leading to gout, then the kidneys and liver eventually take a freaking hit. I even had to switch to canned sesame oil because the cheap stuff are cut with soybean oil (ie they're basically just so the food kinda smells right).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back