Eversolo DMP-A6 Network Streamer/DAC
Aug 31, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #181 of 810
Do you also hear som faint sparkling grain?

I hear it very faint from time to time similar to some vinyl crackling but very faint. With coax to external dac. Haven't checked internal dacs sound.

I wonder if it's the streamer or anything else going on in my system. So not the black background i would hope for.

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #184 of 810
I bought a standard SSD without heatsink 1Tb and have no problems.
Same - copied files directly from the pc then installed it inside the A6. Works great.

Sep 11, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #185 of 810
Just don't skimp on the size. You'll later regret it. I would say 2TB minimum and this is also the sweetspot. With more and more high-res flacs getting standard you can use the space.

Talking about sweetspots: in my experience 24-96 or DSD 64 is as much as you'll ever need. (I know, dangerous wordt spoken by Bill Gates: 64kB ... for DOS). But really. And don't fall for 24-48, that's not high res and not worth the double size. 16-96 sounds better.

Sep 13, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #186 of 810
Need help regarding A6 connection.
I have a K9 pro connected to my PC with my 4 bays hdd (my music server)
Active spkrs are connected to k9 pro.
This is my current setup without problem...
So was wondering, if i get the A6, how would I connect this streamer?
if i connect it to function solely as a streamer, will I able to see the 4 bays hdd music server? how do i do this?

Sep 14, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #187 of 810
Do you also hear som faint sparkling grain?

I hear it very faint from time to time similar to some vinyl crackling but very faint. With coax to external dac. Haven't checked internal dacs sound.

I wonder if it's the streamer or anything else going on in my system. So not the black background i would hope for.
Maybe it's certain recordings?
Do you also hear sparkling grain on this track?
Jason isbell and the 400 unit-Save The World. First 1 min its obvious to me.
I am using Quboz.
Anyone can test this and report back?

Sep 14, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #188 of 810
Maybe it's certain recordings?
Do you also hear sparkling grain on this track?
Jason isbell and the 400 unit-Save The World. First 1 min its obvious to me.
I am using Quboz.
Anyone can test this and report back?
This comment is spot on. Depends on the recording. Some of this is deliberate as producers in the past several years have tried to make digital artificially sound like vinyl. If you (bluenight) could provide some examples we can cross reference for you. Thank you.

Sep 15, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #189 of 810
This comment is spot on. Depends on the recording. Some of this is deliberate as producers in the past several years have tried to make digital artificially sound like vinyl.
If you (bluenight) could provide some examples we can cross reference for you. Thank you.
Jason isbell and the 400 unit - Save The World. First 1 min its obvious to me with sparkling grain.

Billy Nomates - black curtains in the bag. time stamp 2m:8s ,2m:13s, 2m:36s

Well i thought i have heard this kind of stuff more often with this streamer. It could also be because its more revealing showing all warts. And i also have added ifi Powerstation and Ifi ac purifiers recently in my chain, it maybe reveals more stuff, good stuff and bad stuff.

Sep 15, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #190 of 810
Need help regarding A6 connection.
I have a K9 pro connected to my PC with my 4 bays hdd (my music server)
Active spkrs are connected to k9 pro.
This is my current setup without problem...
So was wondering, if i get the A6, how would I connect this streamer?
if i connect it to function solely as a streamer, will I able to see the 4 bays hdd music server? how do i do this?
Few possibilities:
1. You install a DLNA capable music server program on your PC (if not yet on it). PC connected to home router. A6 connected to home router either per ethernet or WiFi. A6 usb out connected to K9. A6 can play the music from the DLNA server to the K9.

2. Install a 4TB M2 SSD into the A6. Copy the music to this SSD. A6 plays the music from internal SSD to K9 through usb.

3. Feed the active speakers directly from the A6 (ok, this one in not solely a streamer function:wink:)

Sep 15, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #191 of 810
Got mine today. Will add a few thoughts people will probably want to know about. First off connected to my Samsung QN90A tv the volume rocker on the tv remote will not adjust the preamp level on the Eversolo. Eversolo sells a separate remote (model btr-12) or you can use your smartphone. Second, the DAC will only upsample to 192/24 in Roon with muse setting of max pcm. Even though the dac chip does 768/32 power of two upsampling does not enable this on the Eversolo, so it’s essentially upsampling max to 192/24. Also the DAC sounds pretty good to me so this is a good implementation of a ESS chip. I tested the built in app upsampling on firmware 1.1.75 and it did not function at all, but upsampling does work in Roon muse. Overall I’m pretty happy with this unit.

IMG_3336.jpeg

Sep 15, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #192 of 810
Jason isbell and the 400 unit - Save The World. First 1 min its obvious to me with sparkling grain.

Billy Nomates - black curtains in the bag. time stamp 2m:8s ,2m:13s, 2m:36s

Well i thought i have heard this kind of stuff more often with this streamer. It could also be because its more revealing showing all warts. And i also have added ifi Powerstation and Ifi ac purifiers recently in my chain, it maybe reveals more stuff, good stuff and bad stuff.
Listening to a Bifrost 2/64 -> Lyr 3+ -> HD 800S. I can hear (for lack of a better term) "grain" in the Isbell track and "distortion" in the Nomates track @ 2:13 & 2:36. I think this is part and parcel with the recording IMO. It may be more pronounced on your system. I drove myself insane for a minute with early VH and only hearing Eddie from the left channel until I read some articles and learned it was deliberate. Understand your concern, but I think everything is working fine. Hope this is helpful.

Sep 16, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #193 of 810
Hello everyone.
Also getting to know my new DMP-A6 unit and being pretty amazed by the price - perormance ratio and everything I am wonderinv which RCA cable would anyone suggest? As an audio out to my Sennheiser Ambeo Max, whick unfortunately only has analog RCA in.
At tge moment I'm considering Big Sur or maybe Silver Serpent AIR, I also have a chance of getting discounted 5 gen. Transparent Plus.

Many thanks for the reply and much musical joy to everyone.
Marko

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #194 of 810
Listening to a Bifrost 2/64 -> Lyr 3+ -> HD 800S. I can hear (for lack of a better term) "grain" in the Isbell track and "distortion" in the Nomates track @ 2:13 & 2:36. I think this is part and parcel with the recording IMO. It may be more pronounced on your system
Thanks for confirming its the recordings.
Then i can rule out faulty equipment.

I think we can be extra sensitive when we are dealing with new equipment. Listening for fault. Especially when one gets fooled by bad records we can hear patterns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back