Ever since I threw my headphones against the wal...
Jul 19, 2006 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GIGANTOID

100+ Head-Fier
I've been craving new cans. Don't worry they were just Sony DJ v-700s that had come to their end of term. instead of using my E3Cs everywhere I'm thinking of getting the Beyer DT-880s and upgrading my E3Cs to UM2s. The Beyer will see life at home playing games and listening to itunes on my PC>X-Fi>Go-Vibe. The UM2s will see life through my iPod>GoVibe or at work on the G5.

Last weeks last.fm top artists were...
Matisyahu
Ralphie May
John Coltrane
Deceptikon
Bill Hicks
DJ Sammy
Al Green
Fila Brazillia
Boards of Canada

I do like the E3Cs but sometimes they just dont have that full sound, I guess. I love the accuracy. My can slangology isnt in top form but I guess I gree with all the E3C comments. I dont hate them but I think something is missing and from reports think those 2 cans to be what I'm looking for.

Thoughts?

Jul 19, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 9
If you do some reading around, you'll probably notice that the DT880s aren't headphones you can really dance to, they're not for that genre of music. Nor do I think they're well suited for gaming.

Jul 19, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 9
HD650 was great for gamming when I had it, you also may want to consider the DT990.

Jul 19, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 9
i agree. for gaming, the 880 just doesnt have what the other beyers have. go for a 770 or 990 (depending if you want open or closed).

Jul 19, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 9
I don't want to get hung up on the gaming aspect. I do that sure, but want better music playback over anything else. I've read about the senn and know them to be good. I also dont want to get into a spiral of having to amp/system match the sennheisers for best sound. Know what I mean?

Thanks much for the help so far. I'll look at the 770 and 990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back