Ever regret taking a "break" from head-fi?
Jul 25, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #31 of 38
I'll certainly be taking a break from buying anymore headphones since I will only be left with a tube integrated amp with no headphone out. I just gotta sell off my Phoenix now.

Jul 25, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, what do you consider a break? Posting only 15-20 times per day for a couple of weeks? C'mon, man! You've never really taken a break, have you?

A break to me mean not visiting the place, and hence not post anything.
wink.gif

Those breaks certainly took place, and they are just a quick search away. 09.2004 -> 10.2005 to name one, and there are later shorter ones as well.

Jul 27, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #33 of 38
look at my join date and at the number of posts: i'm a regular, with regular breaks
smily_headphones1.gif

regrets? wish i had found this forum sooner...

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #34 of 38
For me the brake started the moment I signed (after I stopped using the search hundreds of time daily).
Considering how much time I was around here before I had an account I should be considered inactive since 2 months after sign-up. I ended my prestalking of audio nirvana.
Regarding my posting I kept it very low (almost no posts) and I regret that a little.
I'm certain I'm the most active (in a passive way) member that never bookmarked head-fi ever. lol.
I'll be active when there will be time and I'll have something to share. At the moment I'm only raising my funds. I'll resume when I can stalk it acceptably.

Audio nirvana is like stalking, when you get really close you sense it changing its customs. It can trick you but if you're good enough you can almost win.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #35 of 38
Ever since I joined head-fi in April of this year, I got all worked up and exited and began my spending spree starting with the Grado SR60, sold and bought the next line up all the way to the RS1, bought and sold the Sennheiser HD600 and HD650, Denons D1000 and D2000, and all the hyped IEMs, and went through 5 desktop (tube and SS) amps and four portable amps - all starting in April.

Well, my wife began to question my new found fix and suggest I record my spending habits. I was blown away with all my impulse purchases.

I'm down to two modest headphones (MS1, D1001 recabled), one IEM (Monster Turbine), 2 starving students amps for home and work, and one Meier Corda 2Move portable amp. I think at this point, I'm putting a freeze on the buy/sell forum and become a lurker. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun, but different priorities and hobbies will now fill in the void.

Peace out.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #36 of 38
Breaks?

Yes ... sometime life gets busy and it is not easy to catch up with all the threads and participate.

Regrets?

No really ... sometimes I come back with renewed both in terms of interests and purchasing power.

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #38 of 38
I've been out of the headphone world for a couple years now (sold everything before leaving for college) and I've been posting a lot less on Headfi too. I don't think I'll ever be on as frequently as I used to again, life just got a whole lot busier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back