Ever just marvel at how much great gear some of the teenagers around here have?
Apr 30, 2004 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

usc goose

Headphoneus Supremus
Damn I feel old sometimes. Makes me think back to the days that I had to flip burgers all summer just to buy an 8-track deck. (ok, so that's not exactly true)

Apr 30, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bln
that's a line from american beauty, isn't it.

that it is. damn kids today and their drugs...
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #4 of 62
BIG SIGH>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, If I was about thirty years plus a little younger, I would be right back where I was, wishing I had <his> wheels, and <that ones> girlfriend, <that stereo rig>, and so on...that is what drove me to succeed. Just wish I could go back and have the fun without the painful lessons. GRIN

Big Ugly

Apr 30, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #5 of 62
Hey, I get jealous of some of the young bucks with amazing (read: costly) systems, and I'm only 19--wish my parents would have forked out that kind of green for me.

Apr 30, 2004 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 62
Hm. I wish I had a headphone amp. I had always justified audio purchases by saying that I don't spend nearly as much as other girls my age on clothing, make-up, and accessories. It adds up. But I'm curious whether the other teenagers with nice stuff have other status symbols...like a car. Or do they put all their money towards audio?

Apr 30, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #8 of 62
oddball, i think it's great to see someone enjoy what gear they have and contribute to head-fi without spending big bucks. your posts are well-written and informative, worth more than many people's evaluations of their thousand-dollar systems. more power to you.

and forget profingersk8er, check out eric343's rig .... (but i love his cables so i won't call him a rich person too much.)

Apr 30, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 62
Yeah, i hate those damn kids who have systems worth more than a grand or two... oh wait...
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 62
Well since last Oct/Nov I've accumulated about $2500 worth of gear (including speakers). I consider myself a poor college student now, mainly because of that.
biggrin.gif
I think thats enough gear for me right now since I need to get some other nice things like a nice watch, a new mountain bike, etc. Luckily I have a nice summer job that refills the coffers after a year of spending.

Apr 30, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #12 of 62
I got a really, really good price on the Eclipse
icon10.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
that it is. damn kids today and their drugs...
tongue.gif

And that's a line from family guy
wink.gif

Perhaps not intentional since it's not verbatim.. More of a mix of two quotes (both by Peter):

"Damn kids and their music" and
"Oh Meg, you and your drugs"

-dd3mon

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #14 of 62
Yeah, there are some kids with some decent rigs around here. Nothing really spectacular, though -- on the other hand, spectacular is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
tongue.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #15 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Yeah, there are some kids with some decent rigs around here. Nothing really spectacular, though -- on the other hand, spectacular is in the eye of the beholder I guess.
tongue.gif

...you deserve to be robbed.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back