Ever find your new stuff broken/missing something when you bring it home?
Feb 12, 2007 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

WhatMACHI

500+ Head-Fier
Well i know there are many of us out there that are full of joy when we get to buy something new, or get given something new. Only to bring it home to test it out and realise that you are missing a piece, its broken, requires some batteries you havnt got, or requires something that you just didnt remember to get when you were out shopping.

Argh, well my story for today was spending about $60 buying piping, cement, primer, a hack saw and blades to build a spud gun!! woohoooo....BUT after finaly getting home i realised there was one item on the list i didnt get when i was out!! thus i couldnt connect all the piping together... GAH..i geuss ill have to wait till tomorow and pick up that one peice before i can get started
frown.gif

Anyone else had situations similar to this?

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 11
I hate it when I buy CDs and the teeth like thingies in the center of the jewel case that hold the disc in place are broken and the disc is loose inside the case.

These days, when I remember, I shake the case before I buy. If there is a rattling sound or if the disc feels loose, I choose another one (of the same title). If there is only one copy of the title, I normally ask them to open the CD to see if it is scratched.

Feb 12, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 11
I recently had some ceiling fans installed and lo and behold one of the remotes required a specific battery...why not just require a AAA? Sheesh.

Feb 12, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 11
A few CDs with the disc holders broken here too..

.. and one time I did bring back a photography book from the UK only to discover that the complimentary CD containing much of the material needed to follow the tutorials inside the book was missing. Does that count?
tongue.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 11
I *just* received a CD with the corner of the case broken off. Course, it was only $8 shipped, so if it really bothers me I'll simply order another one.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 11
My new amp came with a non-UK power cord. I jumped on a bus and ran to buy a new one. Got all the way back home and fired her up, only to find the tubes are dodge. Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about!

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new amp came with a non-UK power cord. I jumped on a bus and ran to buy a new one. Got all the way back home and fired her up, only to find the tubes are dodge. Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about!

Ouch double whammy
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 11
I bought a supposedly new steam cleaner for carpets (one of those small, portable ones) with no tell-tale signs on the box of prior ownership. When I got it home, the clear tubes were filled with black, moist dirt and hair. It was pretty disgusting.

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate it when I buy CDs and the teeth like thingies in the center of the jewel case that hold the disc in place are broken and the disc is loose inside the case.

These days, when I remember, I shake the case before I buy. If there is a rattling sound or if the disc feels loose, I choose another one (of the same title). If there is only one copy of the title, I normally ask them to open the CD to see if it is scratched.

yeah, I encouter the broken centre teeth jewel cases a number of times. sucks more w/ 2 CD sets. the hinge gets broken and you really woundn't know until you open er up. I never thought to shake up the CD case to hear any rattling going on. thanks for the tip!

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #11 of 11
Went to the store on release day and picked a copy of The Burning Crusade (World of Warcraft expansion) out of the display rack.

Got it home, took off the shrink wrap, pulled all the stuff out of the box, and grabbed the CDs to start installing. At this point, I noticed that I was holding two CDs: one labeled Disc One and the other labeled Disc Four...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back