Ever any speaker listening meets?
May 30, 2006 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tjkurita

1000+ Head-Fier
Any speaker rig owners interested in something like this. I wouldn't mind shuttling around the NYC area a little bit and checking out some speaker rigs. Bozebuttons, vpivinylspinner, JeffWong (if I remember right) have speaker systems that I would love to hear. There are speaker systems that I've never heard before that I would love to check out: Avante Garde, Planar, Corner Horns, Top of the Range Dynamics, Monitors with Subs, etc.

I ask because I've got some stuff on the way (Cain and Cain fullrange driver double horns) that people might want to hear and I would like to hear some other people's stuff myself.

If there is enough interest, maybe I will post an IC sometime in June or July. Or maybe wait 'till fall.

Maybe we can get a speaker rig crawl.

J.

May 30, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 8
I am sure we could get together at some point.I am trying to intergrate a subwoofer into my system now.

We have a few NY members that have quality speaker systems.

May 31, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
I am sure we could get together at some point.I am trying to intergrate a subwoofer into my system now.

We have a few NY members that have quality speaker systems.

Very good, Boze. Once I get my entire system together I think I will have a good place to check out some speaker stuff. Then maybe to your place and Hopefully to vinylspinner's joint! I've never heard vinyl in my life. Not even for a second. I really need to hear a good vinyl rig.

May 31, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
I've never heard vinyl in my life. Not even for a second.

Wow. I suddenly feel really, really old
frown.gif

May 31, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 8
Don't feel bad, Jim. I feel pretty out of it not ever having heard vinyl. My father had a vinyl system when I was a child but I was too busy playing with my G.I. Joes to care. So I was around during the vinyl era, I've just never heard it.

John.

May 31, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
Very good, Boze. Once I get my entire system together I think I will have a good place to check out some speaker stuff. Then maybe to your place and Hopefully to vinylspinner's joint! I've never heard vinyl in my life. Not even for a second. I really need to hear a good vinyl rig.

I have a turntable I could setup when you come over,Immbiker has a
couple of turntable setups as well as a Surrond sound speaker system.

Jun 1, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 8
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately I will have to take my turn later in the year as I will be living on the west coast for the next few months to handle a very needy client.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #8 of 8
I would think that a speaker meet would be really difficult, unless your just going around sampling different setups in different peoples houses. Speakers are really affected by the envrionement they are in, and it's not like they are really transportable. Although they do have those special houses designed to show off speakers for some stores, so if somebody had a friend who owned one of those stores that would be great for a meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back