Eventual IEM Upgrade Advice
Jul 1, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #16 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by decay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(or maybe you are the fashionable type
who don't mind having braids coming out of his ear to fit a new style)

Fashionable people in Alabama? Nah.

The IE8's might be a little much, both pricewise (I've only seen a few in my price range, most were either fake or $400) and having to mess with all the different tips. What about the IE7's? I'm sure if I shopped around I could get a good deal on the IE8's, but I'm seeing alot more reasonably priced IE7's.

What about anything from Ultimate Ears? I really like the way the UHP336's feel, and something in a similar housing with better sound would be nice. Of course, I'd be willing to sacrifice brand loyalty for SQ.

Quote:

Shame I don't listen to rock music, I can't give you any opinion of this

Some Ritchie Blackmore would set you on the right path.
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #17 of 64
You missed the sweet deal newegg had on IE7:$169.

As for IE7 not needing to mess with tips, it's in the IE family if that explains anything
tongue.gif

I own nothing except IE8 so I cannot comment on UE IEMs, since the comfortableness of an IEM
truly varies from person to person and tip to tip, someone is bond to have the same preference
you do on IEM housing
smile.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #18 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by decay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You missed the sweet deal newegg had on IE7:$169.

Dang, that's almost half price. I've still got time to save up and tweek what I have. It's not like I need to upgrade as soon as possible, but it would be nice by the end of the year.

Speaking of that, I have this Gigaware interconnect for my current setup. Would this interconnect be better? For now, I'm not set up to make my own, and I'd like to have something thicker and more sturdy. I realize it probably won't make a huge difference in SQ, but I figured I'd ask about it.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #19 of 64
Okay, I think I've got it narrowed down to either the IE8 or the SE530's with PTH (it looks like it's much cheaper to buy both together than to buy the PTH separate later). That is, unless someone thinks I'd be better off with something else or some new earbuds come out within the next 6 months. Newegg has the SE530 PTH, and I've had good luck with them, and I'd trust them over Amazon or ebay sellers any day.

How much of an improvement would this be over what I have now?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #21 of 64
You don't need to mess around with tips. I plugged my IE8 in as they came and they sound great. I'm sure playing around changes things to taste, though.

Jul 2, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, but there are other ways to lower the price: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...-price-422444/

That didn't look like it helped a whole lot. I saw the PTH version on Amazon for $285 shipped (new) and it looked like the version without the PTH was only $20 cheaper. I do realize there's the marketplace here, but I'd rather go newegg, ebay, or amazon (in that order). Besides, I still need to save up more money.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #24 of 64
The-Deal-Spot on ebay has the SE530's (without PTH) for $265 shipped. Should I go ahead and pull the trigger, or should I wait and see if I can get a better deal? Nowhere else seems to have them this cheap.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The-Deal-Spot on ebay has the SE530's (without PTH) for $265 shipped. Should I go ahead and pull the trigger, or should I wait and see if I can get a better deal? Nowhere else seems to have them this cheap.

Woow ,seems a hot price to me........You can't go wrong with this price as long as it is authorized dealer

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #26 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woow ,seems a hot price to me........You can't go wrong with this price as long as it is authorized dealer

He might not be authorized, but his stuff looks legit, and he's got positive feedback for Shure IEMs. He's also got the regular and the PTH ($280, I think). If they were fake, they'd sound pretty terrible, and probably wouldn't get positive feedback, right? If I can scrounge up an extra $60-$80 within the next two days, I'll probably pull the trigger.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by bba1973 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He might not be authorized, but his stuff looks legit, and he's got positive feedback for Shure IEMs. He's also got the regular and the PTH ($280, I think). If they were fake, they'd sound pretty terrible, and probably wouldn't get positive feedback, right? If I can scrounge up an extra $60-$80 within the next two days, I'll probably pull the trigger.

You can contact with shure first to see if it is authorized dealer. I recalled shure had a straight warranty policy for non authorized dealer.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #28 of 64
I'm up to $240 with my Audio Hardware Fund. Did a little research, and people seem to be happy with the-deal-spot as an ebay seller. If I can get that little bit extra, I might go ahead and get the $280 PTH's. That's $15 extra for it now or more than $50 for the standalone PTH later.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #29 of 64
I don't think the PTH is bulky at all. I don't use it but then, every time somebody comes up to me, I have to yank out an earphone and that gets old. You should ask yourself how often you'll have to pull out that earphone. If it's a lot, the PTH is a decent investment. If it's rare, save yourself some cash.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the PTH is bulky at all. I don't use it but then, every time somebody comes up to me, I have to yank out an earphone and that gets old. You should ask yourself how often you'll have to pull out that earphone. If it's a lot, the PTH is a decent investment. If it's rare, save yourself some cash.

Do you think it's worth $15 more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back